bluebird bio's Global Information Technology team is on a mission to deliver smart, innovative technology solutions and services to the organization and our patients. We move fast here at bluebird, working together as ONE in building a legendary gene therapy company, bringing hope to patients and their families. As a member of bluebird's IT team, you'll have the opportunity and privilege to develop technology solutions and services that will support patients, care givers and the healthcare organizations serving them. We are a passionate, hardworking and friendly flock of IT birds who are looking for individuals to step outside their comfort zone, roll up their sleeves and help us scale this organization to influence the industry of cell and gene therapy, while learning and growing along the way. We invite you to recode for life with us!
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director of Patient Services Systems, the primary function of this role will be to partner with the Patient Scheduling and Navigation Business Owners to provide support in managing both ongoing and future projects and initiatives. This will initially include but not be limited to: Vineti Manufacturing Traceability and Salesforce Health Cloud systems. We are interested in self-motivated candidates requiring little supervision, that embrace learning within challenging circumstances, and who will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Partner closely with business stakeholders/users to elicit and understand their business processes and in turn analyze, document and translate them into requirements
* Implement projects in accordance with the IT System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and GxP validation requirements
* Develop project plans to allocate and manage the necessary resources for the successful implementation of appropriate solutions. Apply project management skills and employ the necessary tools to track project tasks and deliverables
* Provide post-implementation support as required
* Provide administration support of various solutions or platforms
* Work in concert with the business owners/business admins to actively manage and optimize solutions through their lifecycle, including changes, upgrades, and enhancements
* Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5-8+ years of experience as an IT Business Analyst or IT Project Manager is required
* Must have at least 3 years of experience in the life sciences/pharmaceutical industry, ideally in the Commercial space
* Must have experience working with GxP projects and systems.
* Experience with supply chain, ERP or clinical site manufacturing systems or processes is a strong plus
* Knowledge/experience with Salesforce solutions, including integration technologies (i.e. Okta) is desirable
* Must have demonstrated ability to effectively partner with Business Process Owners in driving project implementations through effective gathering and analysis of user requirements and capabilities needs
* Independently motivated, detail oriented, and good problem-solving ability
* Excellent organizational skills, capable of multi-tasking in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
* Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions
* Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment, where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view
* Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
Bluebird Bio offers products based on the transformative potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic and orphan diseases.