Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we're looking for a Manager, Data Engineering to join our Data Engineering team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As a Manager, Data Engineering you will drive the transformation of the core data pipelines feeding IAS' core ad verification, analytics and anti ad fraud software products.
The ideal candidate is naturally curious, dedicated, detailed-oriented with a strong desire to work with awesome people in a highly collaborative environment. You should be able to not take yourself too seriously as well.
What you'll do:
* Plan and deliver data engineering projects
* Collaborate with various IAS teams throughout the full software development lifecycle including CI/CD, Product, Architecture
* Manage performance of the team including recurring 1:1s, performance reviews, goal setting and professional development
* Identify roadblocks and remove them proactively
* Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes
* Driving a culture of continuous improvement
* Stay informed about new technologies and trends in data engineering
Who you are and what you have:
* B.S. or B.A. in computer science or a related field
* Proficiency in at least one object oriented language (Java, Python or Scala preferred)
* Proficiency in SQL and comfortable working with large datasets to identify insights
* Experience with open source big data technologies (HDFS, Hive, Presto, Pig, MapReduce)
* Experience designing, developing and deploying data pipelines
* Strong problem solving skills
* Experience managing and mentoring a small team of data engineers
* Strong communication skills
What puts you over the top (one of the following):
* Expertise in Apache Spark
* Expertise implementing streaming data pipelines using open source technologies
* Experience with AWS ecosystem
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology company that offers data and solutions to establish a safer, more effective advertising ecosystem. We partner with advertisers and publishers to protect their investments, capture consumer attention, and drive business impact. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 13 countries. Our growth and innovation have been recognized in the Inc. 5000, Crain's Fast 50, Forbes America's Most Promising Companies, and I-COM's Smart Data Marketing Technology Company. Learn more at www.integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to email@example.com. We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions to empower the advertising industry.