Are you a Data Scientist? Are you experienced in theoretical machine learning and looking to apply your expertise in a collaborative and challenging environment? Are you passionate about the future of healthcare? You might be the person we are looking for.
Our enterprise-wide data science and data strategy team is looking for an individual experienced in machine learning with deep statistical knowledge. You will have an exceptional opportunity to serve as a subject matter expert in machine learning applied to high-impact business questions across clinical, commercial, and general and administrative functions. You will work on a highly collaborative, centralized team of data scientists, engineers, and strategists to deliver data products that drive value and impact for our highest priority business needs.
* Work with a team of data scientists and cross functional partners to collaboratively develop solutions
* Apply ML and other statistical approaches to generate insights on structured and unstructured data
* Provide ML expertise in the design and delivery of data products for broad consumption by business partners
* Mentor and support the training of technical and non-technical teams in data science and machine learning
* Participate in the broader data science community to stay current with methodology, software, and data development and availability
* Communicate and visualize the output of analyses, including both written and verbal communication, to business leaders and non-technical audiences
* Conceptualize and deploy data science solutions for business questions
* Bring an entrepreneurial mindset, openness, transparency, and collegiality to your everyday work
* PhD in a computational and quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, computer science, biomedical informatics, genetics, physics, epidemiology, health economics) or Master's Degree in a similar field of study
* Deep understanding in ML, including strong knowledge of the mathematical underpinnings behind various methods (e.g. regression techniques, neural networks, decision trees, clustering, pattern recognition, dimensionality reduction)
* Proven experience in applied statistics and ML in a business setting
* Experience in effective data visualization approaches and a keen eye for detail in the visual communication of findings
* Comfort working and communicating with non-technical teams to translate business questions to analytically actionable questions
* A strong desire to build meaningful solutions for a life sciences business
* Task oriented with ability to set goals and complete deliverables
* Ability to collaborate and work closely with a team of technical and non-technical individual contributors
* Domain knowledge of clinical data, real-world data, or life sciences-related research data
* Expertise in other data science-related tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau, D3)
About Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is focused on the discovery and development of small molecule drugs for the treatment of serious diseases.