As part of its commitment to being a transparent company in disclosing interactions with Healthcare Professionals ("HCP") and Healthcare Organizations ("HCO"), Vertex submits and discloses Global Spend Transparency ("GST") reports around the world. Members of this team work with colleagues across the global Vertex organization to ensure timely and accurate reporting of interactions with these critical parties. This role will provide the GST Team a global and centralized approach to the Program's Tools, Trainings, Data, and Analytics. This role will drive process and system improvements, define approach to key system changes, develop overall program trainings, and lead the development and execution of analytics.
* Serve as the central point of contact related to all systems for internal and external stakeholders related to GST matters. Maintaining knowledge of the global reporting framework, requirements, Vertex approach to reporting, and nuances globally will ensure this role is able to think globally as it relates to all of these initiatives.
* Manage and oversee Transparency training program for Vertex, including training of internal and external stakeholders, system training, development of new trainings including training modules, and tracking of inquiries to identify patterns and needs for new trainings. Work closely with team to identify training needs, applicable audiences, and develop materials to address these. Additionally, make sure team members are cross trained on systems and use to support stakeholder system trainings.
* Partner with Vertex system owners and IT support to define requirements of integrations needed into GST Platform(s). Establish need, timing, and prioritization with program lead guidance.
* For existing integrations, develop mechanism to confirm integration is behaving as expected on a quarterly testing basis to ensure integrations remain effective and meet the GST programs' needs. If needed, define and revise existing integrations.
* As identified, work with team members and stakeholders to define new systems and build integration requirements.
* Lead preparation and support execution of Sub-Certification. This includes but is not limited to: System reports and data behavior is as expected; all tables that enrich data are up to date and functioning properly; all CR lists are updated and operating; oversee execution of file development and support report lead distribution.
* Maintain database of vendors, users, and managers for all vendors using Alanda system. Annually confirm status of vendor, including users and managers. Update user and vendor access to systems accordingly.
* Maintain & Distribute Quarterly dashboards to vendor managers and functional leads on data performance. Identify new areas of 'grading' of vendors and data quality to determine root cause issues and opportunities that exist to improve process, trainings, or systems.
* Build an Analytics framework based on historic and anticipated requests, possibilities with data. Must have a broad understanding of reporting globally. May include:
* Jurisdiction specific report development, industry benchmarking and data warehousing, Global data analysis & deck development, Supporting team members to develop analytical presentations on specific landscapes.
* Oversee status of incoming data, assigned reviewers & quality checks, timeliness of team data review, and data volume forecasting across all of Vertex.
* Evaluate historical processes related to report preparedness and work with report leads to develop a new process through analysis, reportability, and macro review of data on a quarterly basis to identify unexpected behaviors, volumes, potentially mis-classified information, etc.
* Oversee implementation and future execution of this by reporting teams on a quarterly basis
* Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of work experience, preferably in an IT / systems support, data analyst and / or regulatory reporting role
* Direct experience with the US Sunshine Act, EFPIA Code, and other transparency requirements globally
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Project, Excel, and Word. Must include advanced knowledge of Excel functions including but not limited to pivot tables, vlookup, and macros
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust workload as business needs require
* Experience working with cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to partner effectively with others
* Demonstrated ability to interpret reporting requirements and developing a strategy to address and successfully report all required information
* Ability to meet multiple deadlines and perform under strict timelines, develop and deliver against project plans
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work in a team environment
* Self-starter, needs minimum oversight to complete tasks and continuously demonstrates ability to work autonomously
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong attention to detail, and ability to analyze data for errors, omissions, and trends
* Experience working at in the Pharmaceutical / Medical Device Industry
* Experience working with a Master Data Management system; Alanda platform a plus
About Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is focused on the discovery and development of small molecule drugs for the treatment of serious diseases.