SAS / ACT is seeking an enthusiastic and exceptionally capable Advanced Technology Development Lead Systems Engineer with recent experience developing advanced electro-optical systems from proposal through prototype. The ideal candidate will have experience with integration and test of advanced active EO payloads on aircraft and/or airborne-pods, system performance modeling & simulation, and experience in the following areas:
* Prior LSE or Chief Engineer experience or strong IPTL background * System related software development * Electro Optical Architecture development * Laser Experience in tactical ground/airborne systems
Main tasks will be:
* Lead Systems Engineer on a program. * Responsible for the systems engineering processes being in place and followed * Establish SE program organization, schedule (IMS) and milestones alongside the PCE and PM * Responsible for tailoring of Systems engineering processes commensurate with cost/schedule and program needs * Determines, sets, & monitors SE technical priorities to meet cost, schedule, and performance * Responsible for development and adherence to the SEMP and tailored IPDS plan * Lead multi-disciplined systems engineering team to ensure the overall system design and architecture is balanced to meet the required performance within the project constraints (cost and schedule) * Responsible for the technical fidelity and quality of the systems engineering work products and associated analyses that document the technical baseline * Responsible for the integration, validation, and verification strategy of the system * Coordinate with IPTs and CPTs to resolve technical systems issues * Responsible for establishing and maintaining the system requirements including requirement decomposition and traceability, design and performance trades and analysis, and system requirements verification and validation through system sell-off * Responsible for providing guidance, coaching / mentoring and training to other employees across the business within area of expertise. * Responsible for proactive SE Risk and Opportunity management, including robust correlation between TPMs/KPPs, TBL Maturity, and technical Risks. Ensure early identification, communication and mitigation of technical, cost and/or schedule risks for all aspects of the Systems Engineering scope of work. * Responsible for proper configuration management of SE work products is conducted, baselined at appropriate milestones and changes are coordinated, communicated and controlled across IPTs
* Minimum of 8 years of experience with system engineering, system integration, testing or related experience with active Electro-Optic systems, preferably with airborne systems * Experience with optical-quality assessment, pointing, and radiometric calibration of EO systems. * Hands-on expertise with LADAR systems, modeling and simulation, and Line of Sight measurements. * Enthusiastic & resourceful performer able to work in a dynamic, high-visibility role. * Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks, managing time & resources, and meeting deadlines with minimal oversight. * Contribute to the completion of program & project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor. * Requires ability to communicate with and influence senior engineers and line management regarding matters of strategic importance to the project * Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and sound problem solving skills. * Support traveling as required and working offsite on weekly or possibly multiple week basis. * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Successful patent applications. * Hands-on expertise leading development of optical systems such as: * Missile defense testing * Mission-Planning, flight testing * Laser System field testing * Experience at DoD Test Ranges (Edwards, White Sands, PMRF, etc.)
* Expert using MATLAB. * Experience with missile-defense systems, radar, navigation, line of sight tracking algorithms and performance assessment, pointing, radiometric calibration, or atmospheric correction.
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or PhD in SW, EE, Math, Physics, Optics or related technical field
Desired Education (including Major):
* Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in SW, EE, Math, Physics, Optics or related technical field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 142867BR 142867 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.