We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
We're looking for experienced full-stack developers capable of providing technical leadership on a variety of software projects, utilizing both web and mobile technologies. You'll work on-site with our clients to ensure we're delivering the best possible solution. You'll use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Here's what we are looking for you to bring:
* Experience in designing/developing/testing/deploying/releasing API's and back-end services which support web and mobile clients
* Experience in developing/testing/deploying/releasing native applications on iOS using Swift or Objective-C
* Experience refactoring code and evolving architectures
* Experience crafting automated unit, integration, functional, and regression tests
* Exposure to cross-platform mobile frameworks and tooling
* The ability to judge and recommend appropriate platform choices given context about a particular application
* Full lifecycle experience from conceptualization to development and deployment of web and mobile apps
* Passion for writing clean code
* Knowledge of design and architectural patterns for mobile technologies, and the tradeoffs involved in selecting one
* Techniques such as test driven development and continuous integration / continuous delivery
* Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment
* Understand mobile trends and how they evolve in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Ability to connect with people and to quickly build trust with clients at the delivery, managerial, and executive levels
Here's what you'll do
* Work on medium- to large-scale, custom software systems that leverage mobile and web technologies
* Lead teams of software engineers - both ThoughtWorkers and clients
* Create and implement significant, end-to-end business solutions on a variety of mobile platforms
* Work with and influence large enterprises, innovative startups, as well as not-for-profit organizations
* Employ and advocate for modern technical practices like test automation, continuous integration/continuous delivery, and pair programming and how it pertains to the mobile atmosphere
* Constantly learn and level up as you lead teams among different industries, technologies/languages, and parts of the country (or world!) with each new project experience
Regardless of what you do at ThoughtWorks, you'll always have the opportunity to:
* Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality.
* Learn something new every day.
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
* Travel the world.
* Speak at conferences.
* Write blogs and books.
* Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you're passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
* Be part of a company with Social and Economic Justice at the heart of its mission.
* Exposure to a huge variety of client engagements. You could be influencing the digital strategy of a retail giant, building a new mobile application for a bank or redesigning platforms using event sourcing & intelligent data pipelines. You'll use the latest Lean & Agile thinking, solve critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
* Allowances for books, conferences & training, cell phone, local transit, and high-speed internet
* Personal development programs and training tailored to the career path that you choose
* Opportunities for global assignments/travel
* Internal conferences and community events
A few important things to know:
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so candidates should be flexible and open to extensive travel.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn't the right role for you? That's OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Agile Software Consultancy.