Vlocity, a Forbes Cloud 100 company and strategic Salesforce ISV, delivers industry-specific cloud and mobile software that embed digital, omnichannel processes for customer-centric industries. Built in partnership with Salesforce, the global leader in CRM, Vlocity is one of Salesforce's fastest growing partners. Vlocity Industry Cloud Apps embed industry-specific functionality, best practices and business processes for the Communications & Media, Insurance & Financial Services, Health, Energy & Utilities, and Government industries. Vlocity enables companies to achieve faster business agility and time to value from the cloud across digital and traditional channels. Click here to learn more about Vlocity.
Vlocity, Inc. is recruiting Lead/Senior Product Developers to join our fast growing startup. These developers will have the unique opportunity to shape and create Vlocity's vertical apps from the ground up built on the Salesforce Platform. As a Principal developer in our San Mateo/San Francisco office you are responsible for taking the lead in designing and implementing product requirements that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable, in large part on the Force.com platform. You will work in a highly agile environment, with product managers, engineers and customers, as well as with our leadership team, using iterative and test-driven design methods. You will be developing modern, web-based applications for the Salesforce1 Platform using Object Oriented Programming language, Apex, and other technologies. We are going to build our industry apps on modern technology stacks. Force.com and Salesforce1 will be our cloud-based CRM platform. We will add additional technology stacks as needed and you'll be part of that analysis and development process.
* Design and develop products in Object Oriented Programming language
* Object and entity modeling on Force.com platform
* Write create clean, effective code for simple or complex user tasks
* Work in an agile, rapid development and prototyping environment where effective communication is paramount
* Contribute to building a positive, can-do, high-performance culture
* Work with Product Management to define product requirements and functional specifications Work with the product team to assess feasibility and priority of features and upgrades
* To factor performance and scalability considerations into the product all the way from requirements through implementation - to create a highly performance, responsive, robust system
* Lead feature/product engineering teams and participate in architecture and design reviews
* Mentor junior developers. Provide feedback on the development efforts of junior developers
* 10+ years of experience in software development
* Excellent understanding of object-oriented design patterns & experience with OO languages (Java, Ruby, Python, Scala etc)
* Experience with the Spring framework, JDBC, Maven and other Java related technologies
* Hands on Data Structure and Algorithms experience
* Experience in Architect level designing
* Enterprise software development experience is required
* Experience with and knowledge of relational databases
* Experience and desire to work within a fast-paced, iterative development environment
* Experience with Agile development is a strong plus
* Experience in hiring, mentoring and coaching Junior developers
* BS or MS degree or equivalent experience required, specializing in computer science or similar engineering discipline
Vlocity welcomes all. In our journey as a company -- and as individual Vlociters -- we recognize that our diversity is our strength. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including our decisions to recruit, hire, promote, transfer, discipline, or separate are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We provide accommodation for our Vlociters with disabilities both seen and unseen in the spirit and letter of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Vlocity is a technology company which delivers industry-specific cloud and mobile software that embed digital, omnichannel processes for customer-centric industries.