* The Need: A mobile application software engineer with at least 5 years' experience
* The Opportunity: To contribute directly to the success of innovative cloud based unmanned aerial and autonomous flight operations ecosystem.
Essential Responsibilities:The Lead Mobile Application SW developer is responsible for designing and implementing innovative mobile device and cloud based SW components to support scalable and safe operations of autonomous aerial systems. The mobile application software will provide users the ability to access information and plan operations in coordination with a cloud/web based airspace management system. The Application developer is expected to participate in the development of cloud/web based components. Geo-Spatial and location technologies are key to the services provided by our product, therefore experience developing software using such technologies is critical. Our application and product development is expected to fit within a security architecture framework that accommodates security features for client services and internal services; therefore, this position requires familiarity with developing security features into applications. A successful candidate for this position is expected to design and implement SW components delivers fast service response times. This position expects that the candidate can work in teams, and integrate SW designs and code with others. The ability to define and fulfill SW development tasks, and delivering in accordance with fast paced development schedules is important. Familiarity with agile development principles and tools is also necessary.
* Be responsible for developing, and evolving mobile application software for iOS AND Android in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development and infrastructure
* Development of software that uses map, location, and geo-spatial technology components
* Participate as a team member with other developers in planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies
* Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) and vendors to understand product requirements & vision and drive software development to the success
* Support impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy
* Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 5 years of mobile development experience along with established leadership track record across disciplines and functions within a product/project
be willing to travel 10%
be willing to work out of an office located in Boston, MA
* Experience in working with vendors for app development
* Experience with Java, Kotlin, Swift, and/or Objective C development
* Experience with Xcode, Android Studio
* Good understanding in core data structures as well as algorithms and can implement them using language of choice
* Experience with development of map or geo-spatial software technologies
* Experience with web services and cloud based software components to support mobile application
* Experience with the practices and dynamics in Agile development process
* Experience in Confluence and jira
* Ability to evaluate and select technology to drive features and roadmaps
* Experience working with Third party development teams.
About Us:AiRXOS is building new technologies and delivering a new architecture and ecosystem for the next generation of unmanned aviation. We are passionate about enabling safe, secure and economical UAV/Drone operations at global scale. We are accomplishing this with a great collaborative team of driven engineers and technologists with expertise in Distributed & Real-Time Software, Web Services, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning Algorithms, Autonomous Systems & Robotics, Cyber Security, Air Traffic Management, Computer Visualization, and Mobile Applications. Together we are delivering capabilities that will enable a new era in aviation and autonomous systems applications. We would love for you to join us!!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Massachusetts;Boston;
About General Electric
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.