Role Summary:As an AiRXOS DevOps engineer, you will be responsible for taking part in the design, implementation, and support of our cloud environment and auxiliary services. You are also responsible for the deployment and management of multiple virtual clusters and working with compliance organizations to support security audits.
Essential Responsibilities:The DevOps Engineer is expected to have expertise in building highly available cloud solutions and services, with a strong inclination towards security and automation. This individual should be capable of contributing to the entire SDLC of our products, with a heavy focus on build and release management. You will work closely with our development team, QA team, product team, and offshore teams.
In this role, you will:
* Work with Engineering Leadership and development team to translate scalability, performance, reliability, and functional requirements to virtualized/cloud computing solutions
* Develop testing strategies and conduct tests to demonstrate viability of cloud deployment solutions
* Administer and manage cloud computing clusters
* Support engineer and development teams with onboarding/deploying virtualized software services
* Administer and support developer and user access to cloud resources
* Develop tools to monitor and report performance and security metrics for virtualized resources
* Participate in Agile software develop and deployment processes
* Provide ongoing support for the services and applications that are critical to our business needs
* Participate in industry and technical meetings to support business objectives
* Communicate methods, findings, and hypotheses with stakeholders
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* Minimum three years experience in one of these programming languages such as Shell Script, Java, C/C++, or Python
* Minimum three years experience in working with cloud service deployment and management
Extensive experience working with
* Virtualization software such as Docker
* Orchestration service, such as Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
* Monitoring platforms such as ELK, DataDog, Zabbix, etc
* Configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
* Infrastructure automation tool, such as Terraform or CloudFormation
* Automated testing
* Cloud security standards and practices
Demonstrated ability to:
* Work in and lead teams
* Define and execute incident response plans
* Communicate and present to project/program leadership
* Collaborate with external/industry partners
* Develop novel and innovative technologies
* Work in ambiguous and dynamic environments
About Us:AiRXOS is building new technologies and delivering a new architecture and ecosystem for the next generation of unmanned aviation. We are passionate about enabling safe, secure and economical UAV/Drone operations at global scale. We are accomplishing this with a great collaborative team of driven engineers and technologists with expertise in Distributed & Real-Time Software, Web Services, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning Algorithms, Autonomous Systems & Robotics, Cyber Security, Air Traffic Management, Computer Visualization, and Mobile Applications. Together we are delivering capabilities that will enable a new era in aviation and autonomous systems applications. We would love for you to join us!!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Massachusetts;Boston;
About General Electric
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.