What you'll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you'll do every single day will make people's lives, work and play better.
* Leading the development of middleware portion of our 3 tier application stack - including technology selection (programming language, database design, and interface design).
* Assisting in the Project planning tasks, Middle-ware application configuration, manage development resources & mentor junior members. The selected candidate will also be responsible for project timelines.
* Developing & building technical resolutions to complex problems that require the use of creativity and makes decisions that impact projects and staff members.
* Designing and developing state-of-the-art middleware/AWS applications across fraud platforms (wireless and wireline).
* Agile Implementation & Task Planning: Plan sequence of phased development using agile methodology, to provide continuous improvement to business process and implement business process automation & solutions.
* Migrating existing applications to AWS cloud platform.
* Designing/Developing future applications for AWS cloud platform.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing debugging and documentation.
* Experience with Java/Python and other server-side languages.
* Experience in AWS platform is a must - EC2, Lambda, Amazon SQS, Cloud Watch etc
* Experience in working with large/medium size applications.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in computer science.
* Experience with AWS CI/CD automation.
* Experience in designing/implementing middleware applications both on premise and AWS platform.
* Experience in converting webservices from weblogic to springboot microservices.
* Experience in converting IBM MQ based messaging services to AWS/SQS or Rabbit MQ.
* Experience in integrating springboot microservices with Angular/JS based UI.
* Experience with designing/implementing real time middle applications using SNS/Kinesis/Lambda/Java.
* Designing/implementing web services/microservices like RESTful APIs etc.
* Experience with zuul/spring boot based microservices.
* Experience working with large relational databases like Oracle/Postgres.
* Experience in writing and maintaining complex SQL.
* Experience performing code reviews and handling branch management in Git/Gitlab.
* Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
* Communication & stakeholder management skills.
* Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
* Ability to bring in new technologies and streamline the existing and new applications.
* Ability to take immediate ownership of unanticipated fraud scenarios and quickly develop ad hoc solutions when necessary.
* Ability to work with multiple Verizon architects to come up with right design/solution.
* Ability to work with the development team to implement the solution.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.