What you'll be doing...
Verizon is seeking an Engineer with proven Business, Technical and Project Management skills. The role is responsible for managing large and complex programs from end to end with an emphasis on cost, quality, optimization, rationalization and engineering.
The role is responsible for analyzing the Routers and Switches category products, align with stakeholders, evaluate spend base, size each opportunity, to develop intelligence for the directional negotiations and strategy. The successful candidate will need to have strong business acumen and the ability to work within strict timelines while demonstrating out-of-the-box thinking. The ability to work collaboratively and to diplomatically challenge the status quo to achieve the business targets is critical. In addition, the incumbent will need to develop a deep understanding of the business and customer needs in order to manage a balance between strategic and tactical activities.
Additionally, you will conduct engineering level discussion in the areas of LTE, 5G, One Fiber, Optics, Routers and Switches with N&T planning team to understand technology roadmap and associated products and categories with a primary focus on Routers and Switches.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel on occasion.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree.
* Highly technical in domains like Optical, Network, RAN, and/or Operations with a strong preference for a background with Routers & Switches.
* Engineering qualifications and ability to speak technical language with N&T.
* Problem solving, drive, leadership, coordination, and ability to embrace change.
* Expert skills in Microsoft Office applications.
* Two or more years of engineering experience with ability to lead and direct analysts.
* Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve strategic initiatives and work independently through complex assignments.
* Proficiency working with large amounts of data to synthesize a picture.
* Demonstrated competency in communication and presentation skills; ability to interact effectively with internal and external audiences at all levels.
* Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
* Device level bill of materials knowledge.
* Highly developed critical thinking and analytical skills.
* Proven ability to independently organize and prioritize multiple complex assignments and projects, and successfully driving them to completion within the required timeframe.
* Capability to be a self-starter; proven success working in a highly dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
* Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment in order to achieve team goals.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.