What you'll be doing...
As a Business Intelligence Specialist, you will be a member of the HQ Business Intelligence team under the Business Analytics CoE which provides insights and analysis for senior staff and C-Suite executives. This team is responsible for leading research and reporting with heightened focus on the analysis of financial and customer trends affected by changes in the highly competitive wireless market. This position requires strong business acumen, especially as it relates to drivers of financial results. Superior visualization skills expected to present complex observations and findings to management in an easy to follow style. Other responsibilities in this position include:
* Creating comprehensive reporting to analyze VZW products, services, promotion, pricing, revenue, and customer trends for decision support or answer urgent senior management requests.
* Interpreting business requests and translating them into SQL.
* Preparing concise, comprehensive, and level-appropriate reports and presentations in a visualization tool (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, Thoughtspot).
* Building automated visual reports which provide insights by looking at trends over time or anomalies by geography or by channel.
* Developing simple and easy to use interfaces to make data appropriate to a variety of user groups.
* Leveraging data visualization toolsets to provide single source data availability to multiple user communities.
* Continuing to identify opportunities to enhance reporting efficiency and methodology.
* Developing new insights while automating or transitioning old production reports to other team members.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Skill in Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
* Experience with R for programming and with SQL.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree
* Capability tolearn quickly and identify critical paths to solve complex issues.
* Highly motivated, self-starter.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* A Bachelor's degree in business, finance, marketing or equivalent or four or more years of work experience.
* Experience working independently under tight time constraints and delivering accurate results.
* The flexibility to work extended hours on critical projects as needed.
* Advanced knowledge in Data Visualization Applications (e.g., Tableau, Qlik or Thoughtspot).
* The ability to quickly interpret business requests and translate them into SQL.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.