How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) IT Business Application Services (BAS) has an opening for a Senior Principal DevOps Technical Lead.
The Business Application Services (BAS) organization is a recognized leader in the delivery of application lifecycle services on behalf of Raytheon. BAS collaborates with our business and functional partners to drive business value through innovative solutions and services excellence. BAS supports the strategic direction of Raytheon through agile application delivery, the pursuit of emerging technologies, and by ensuring the reliability and compliance of mission critical applications.
The DevOps Architect will be responsible for supporting the BAS Services Manager and Domain Architect in the solution development and technical execution for the DevOps Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices, governance and technology. The DevOps Architect will also be responsible for driving the evolution of development capabilities, enterprise architecture alignment, technologies in solutions, onboarding emerging technologies and driving technology innovation and adoption in the organization. This role will require expertise in both Software Architecture and Infrastructure Architecture.
* Contribute to the overall technology strategy, architecture & design, and development practices within Raytheon.
* Design and prototype cloud deployable and DevOps enabled scalable solutions to business problems
* Mentor and serve as a subject matter expert on modern development patterns
* Propose and implement ideas to improve operational processes and procedures
* Interpret business and technical requirements into software architecture and design
* Adhere to accepted standards and processes for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code overage; participating in code peer reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
* Work with multi-discipline teams in the creation of technical work products
* Minimum 10+ years of experience designing and building enterprise-scale software solutions in a leadership role. Served as lead architect, lead engineer, or technical lead for successful software solutions
* Experience with end-to-end DevOps processes
* Excellent problem solving skills; the ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
* Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
* Experience with source code repository management and design utilizing Git
* Experience with Build/Package automation tools (e.g. Maven, Gradle, Ivy)
* Experience with Continuous Integration, test and static analysis tools tools (e.g. Junit, SprintTest Framework, Mockito, Jasmine, xUnit, SonarQube)
* Experience designing and implementing Package/Artifact Management tools (e.g. Artifactory, Nexus)
* Experience designing and implementing delivery automation engines (e.g. Jenkins)
* Excellent communication skills and able to successfully articulate technology concepts to both business and technology audience
* Solid knowledge for the development of cloud native applications that adhere to microservices and fifteen-factor application principles
* Solid understanding of authentication and authorization services; e.g.; SAML, LDAP, AD, ADFS
* Full understanding of the entire SDLC and Agile Methodology
* Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, and third-party vendors.
* Experience using task management tools such as JIRA
* This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
* Experience working and leading in an Agile development organization, specifically Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
* Highly self-motivated, directed, and change oriented
* Influential communication and ability to achieve alignment
* Expertise in cloud architecture implementation in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure
* Expertise in Pivotal Cloud Foundry
* Understanding of application controls and compliance
* Experience with API Gateways (ex. Apigee, Axway)
* Experience with container technologies (ex. Docker, Kubernetes)
* Experience with migrations to the cloud, from both physical & virtual environments
* Experience with Cloud Foundry and Spring Framework
* Experience with Intelligent Business Process Management (iBPM) frameworks (ex. Pega)
* Experience with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) frameworks (ex. Pega, Blue Prism)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I(TM) products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.