Raytheon's Applied Signal Technology Division is seeking Engineers who strive for excellence and have a passion to be part of a team that strengthens our nation and improves the security of our world.
With locations in Sunnyvale and Anaheim Hills, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, McLean, VA, and Annapolis Junction, MD, Raytheon AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that protect the interests of the U.S. and its partners. AST's work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to solve problems and make the world a safer place. AST's work environment is dynamic, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and innovative ideas, and work directly with our nation's finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance. Raytheon offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays and paid time off.
Whether you wish to live near and experience the California coast, the Maryland shores, our Nation's capital, or Utah's lakes and mountains, Raytheon AST encourages you to consider exploring the unique and rewarding opportunities our cutting-edge-technology team can offer.
This particular position will be staffed in the Anaheim Hills, CA location.
The Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) engineering team seeks an experienced Network Systems Engineer to plan, implement, manage and maintain various computer systems and networks. With a focus on backbone infrastructure, virtual machine configuration and maintenance, and task automation via scripting this individual will work with other engineers to support advanced systems that process modern communications signals.
The successful candidate will:
* Plan, design, install, configure, maintain unique systems comprised of equipment from multiple vendors to support networks for lab environments and customer/field deployments
* Apply practical knowledge and understanding various network protocols (e.g. SDH, OTN, GMPLS, Ethernet, SS7, IP, TCP/UDP, etc.) and Linux systems administration to build and maintain physical and virtual environment instantiations
* Design and implement scripts to automate system installation, configuration and operation; and support debug and troubleshooting activities
* Implement proof-of-concept ideas to enhance and/or improve network & system operation, performance or security
* Debug and troubleshoot installed networks, computers, and software applications
The successful candidate is a self-starter, has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and works effectively and collaboratively in a team environment. He/she has a strong work ethic and is flexible and adaptable in order to respond to mission-critical needs as they arise. On occasion, he/she may need to work beyond the conventional business hours of 8am-5pm and/or travel to perform work at customer facilities. The candidate may have direct interaction with customers and must represent the company in a professional manner. The candidate will be expected to travel to various RAST locations and customer facilities for approximately 25% time.
* 6+ years' experience in computer and telecommunications networking domains
* Experience in hardware and software installation/configuration/upgrade and troubleshooting on computers and networking equipment
* Experience in configuring, installing and operating networking equipment from various vendors including (but not limited to): Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, Force10, Juniper, etc.
* Experience in network and system administration
* Experience with Linux OS and associated system administration
* Experience with virtualization under Linux and familiarity with VMware ESXi and vSphere, libvirt
* Experience in problem-solving, debug and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to work and operate for extended periods without direct supervision
* Ability and willingness to travel, approximately 25% time
* U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position will require the ability to Access US Only Data Systems.
* Active TS/SCI in the last 2 years, and SSBI within the last 5 years Security Clearance required DAY ONE
* Working knowledge of tunnels, VLANs, and proxies on large networks
* Working knowledge of software defined networks and network function virtualization
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with scripting in Python, Perl, Linux shell, or other languages
* Experience with reverse engineering and development of standard and non-standard protocols
* Experience with tools such as Wireshark, Kali, Metasploit, and related network security tools
* Systems engineering experience in multiple phases of the systems development lifecycle (e.g. CONOPS, requirements, design, integration, verification, validation, deployment)
* BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate Government Agency for non-U.S. Persons
142318BR 142318 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
TS/SCI - Current
Integration & Test Engineering
Network Communications Research
Type Of Job
CA - Anaheim Hills
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.