Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation
As part of Eagle's Cloud Native initiative, we are investing in people and technology to construct and execute the next generation SaaS. There is no better time to bring your design and engineering career to the fintech industry. Our DevOps team are a collective group of engineers who are responsible and maintain ownership of managing a large scale infrastructure in a public cloud provider. If you are an engineer who is comfortable with coding and interested in building out tools and infrastructure focused on system level availability, agility, transparency and scalability, then we have the right challenge for you.
At Eagle Investment Systems, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help make the fintech software systems work better for everyone. We are looking for people that have a strong desire to learn, collaborate and solve complex problems.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Maturing the DevOps mindset with Eagle agile teams utilizing methodologies such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Acceptance Test Driven Development
* Scale systems sustainably through concepts like automation and IaC
* Exercise Root Cause Analysis Cycle, use data to determine the scope and scale of impact, create epics/stories and construct automation to prevent problem recurrence
* Work with developer and QEs on building pipelines and automation for delivering and deploying services from dev to prod
* You will never be an operator, but rather a versatile software engineer focused on operations
* Experience with modern automation, development and infrastructure tools (such as Git, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Packer, Consul, Vault)
* Strong development and automation skillset. Ability to code scripts from scratch in Bash, Groovy and Python
* Hands-on experience with Jenkins and capable of authoring and maintaining Jenkins Pipeline as Code
* Linux system administration with advanced knowledge of installations, performance-tuning, security, and shell scripting
* Procured and managed Azure infrastructure and services and/or any other public cloud.
* Working knowledge of RDBMS, NoSQL, NewSQL and Big Data databases
* Understanding of firewall and networking concepts and implementations
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: AS Eagle Cloud And EMS-HR06432
Requisition Number: 1900869
About Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation