We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist, known internally as a MIS Project Manager, that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. You will also be required to identify various classifiers to use for recommendation and classification systems that we will develop internally. You will be required to use your skills in algorithm and predictive modeling to solve real world quote to cash problems. You will partner with business stakeholders to identify/prioritize top AI opportunities, create business/technical requirements, transform large volumes of data into AI-driven solutions using creative, cutting edge open source methods/technologies, lead Client strategy and road map planning, work across teams and influence the direction of external teams. The ideal candidate will combine expert AI/Client/Open Source/Tech knowledge with hands on experience building algorithms/models/programming and outstanding business skills (revenue/cost drivers, customer experience, customer journey, communication, etc.) to manage and deliver complex/critical projects driving significant value to the client.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
* Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
* Competitive wages
* Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
* Group RRSP with company matching component
* Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
* Positive and safe work environments
* Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
Responsibilities of the Data Scientist:
* Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
* Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
* Extending company's data with third party sources of information when needed
* Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
* Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
* Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
* Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Requirements of the Data Scientist:
* Minimum of 3 years relevant experience, preferably 5+ years
* Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
* Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc
* Great communication skills
* Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL is mandatory
* Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB
* Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
* Good scripting and programming skills with Python
* Data-oriented personality
* Understanding of Neural Networks and Natural Language Processing
* Advanced knowledge in model evaluation, tuning and performance, operationalization and scalability of scientific techniques and establishing decision strategies.
* Hands on experience developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms (regression, decision trees/random forest, neural networks, feature selection/reduction, clustering, parameter tuning, etc.),
* Experience in evaluating and making decisions around the use of new or existing methodologies, process and tools
* Experience in working with cross functional teams and multi-dimensional data
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
About Clean Harbors
Clean Harbors is a company providing environmental, energy, industrial, and hazardous waste disposal services.