What you'll be doing:
In this role, you will build technical solutions to help improve the scalability and performance of our data stores and our overall systems. As a Lead Engineer, you will focus on efforts that will provide increased flexibility and accessibility to our data, such as our cloud based data warehouse and data pipeline initiatives. In addition, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of driving Enova forward with technologies and architecture patterns that will best serve the business.
* The office is located within walking distance to both Union Station and Ogilvie, which makes it easy to commute from within the city or the suburbs.
* Commuter benefits, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement, and a sabbatical program.
* Revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!)
Your core priorities will be to:
* Collaborate with other teams in Software Engineering, Analytics and Infrastructure to implement new solutions.
* Serve as an advocate for best practices and standards for database related efforts, and work toward optimizing the interfaces between our applications and our data stores.
* Provide increased flexibility and accessibility to our data.
* Mentor other engineers on best practices and patterns.
What you should have:
* 10+ years of experience in software engineering with a focus on database related technologies
* Deep technical knowledge of SQL and database related technologies (particularly PostgreSQL)
* Strong knowledge of relational database modeling principles and techniques
* Exposure to various non-relational / NoSQL database management systems
* Experience with various service providers such as AWS
* Comfort with orchestration and scheduling tooling such as Jenkins/Airflow/Rundeck
* Working knowledge of one or more programming languages
* Bachelor's degree in CS, IT, or related study
Nice to have:
* Experience with Snowflake DWaaS and DPaaS Vendors
* Expertise with PostgreSQL replication techniques
* Working knowledge of Ruby on Rails or Golang
* Proficiency with Python, Pyspark or R
* Understanding of CI/CD pipelines, Travis CI or similar tools
* Experience in the financial sector
About our team:
The Software Engineering Team, one of the largest groups in the company, is responsible and accountable for meeting the demands of our current and future businesses. We help create the "Tech" in FinTech.
We are structured into small full-stack teams, each aligned to specific business lines or core services. Each team is responsible for defining and delivering solutions through smart interactive development. We code in Ruby, Go, Java, and Swift. We use Vue and other JS frameworks for front-end development. However, we welcome engineers from different technical backgrounds and have created a training program to get you up to speed on our tech stack. Baseline is our self-paced training program, which provides a suite of exercises for all new engineering hires to work through during their first few weeks, ensuring they have the knowledge needed to be successful in their role.
Although we are divided into unique teams, our culture of collaboration promotes and encourages engagement across every team and department within the company - no team is a silo. This enables us to align our core values and create strong, best practices.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life's short. Work some place awesome."
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Check out our blogs to find out what life at Enova is like!
Enova is a multinational company based in the U.S. that uses technology to develop innovative financial products and services for individuals and businesses.