Lead Application Developer
ADP is hiring a Lead Application Developer with strong Full-Stack skills using Java back-end API, RESTful webservices, Spring MVC, Angular, React. Does this sound like you?
* Puzzle solver. Sees obstacles as opportunities. Uses logic and judgment to navigate and unravel challenges.
* Analytical mastermind. Examines systems and spots trends that others wouldn't find.
* Insightful strategist. Transforms insights into ideas and ideas into plans.
* Trailblazer. Passionate about change and shaping the future.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies.
Location: 15 Waterview Blvd, Parsippany NJ 07054
As a Lead Application Developer, you'll work in a team of front-end engineers to create responsive, scalable and robust SmartCompliance web applications. We are using the AngularJS framework and calling Java-based API backend RESTful Webservices. We are moving from a traditional tightly coupled three tier architecture using Java Spring MVC framework to a de-coupled Angular based front end MVC architecture with Java API backend services. This is the perfect time for an enthusiastic engineer to add your knowledge of API's, RESTful interfaces, SPA based and responsive design to the team so that we can deliver a superior user experience to ADP SmartCompliance users!
Things You'll Do:
* Join a team of talented software engineers, plan, execute and deliver top quality software deliverables on-time.
* Act as a primary, dedicated technology interface owning the technical responsibility for architecture, analysis, design, development, and implementation of responsive user interface.
* Work closely with product to define and implement and improve user experience.
* Overall, you will be responsible for day-to-day task management and sprint planning, working closely with product and stakeholders, participating in design sessions, leading and mentoring engineers to ensure that they follow best practices and guidelines, performing heads-down development, working on technical integrations with backend APIs, and working with QA to assure top quality deliverables on-time.
Experience You'll Need:
* B.S. Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent degree is required.
* Minimum 7+ years of software engineering experience plus 3+ years front end engineering experience.
* Experience in front end MVC application architecture.
* Experience working with product management, architects and stakeholders
* Minimum 3+ years of experience in leading software engineers (hands on)
* Experience in front end MVC framework such as AngularJS.
* Experience in creating re-usuable UI components
* Experience in full software life-cycle (SDLC) -- develop/test/build/deploy/etc.
* Experience in unit testing and integration testing using Karma and Jasmine, or equivalents.
* Experience with responsive design and SPA (Single Page Application) development
* Experience with Version Control ie: Git, SubVersion, etc.
* Experience of Agile methodologies
* Experience of RESTful APIs and Webservices -- define and drive the requirements
* Experience delivering scalable and robust web applications for large customer base
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven ability as a problem-solver
* Working knowledge in security and performance
* Working knowledge in CI (continuous integration)
* Working knowledge of CSS pre-processors ie: LESS, SASS
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
ADP (Automatic Data Processing) is a company providing business process outsourcing services.