Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our new Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother's room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursdays, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline.
Plus there are a lot of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of our site with shuttle service to help you get there!
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon is worth the time to explore. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view: https://youtu.be/jyPBTRDWVKg
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), located in Richardson, Texas (Cityline) is looking for a candidate to join our world-class engineering team as a software developer. As a candidate for this opportunity you should have a good foundation in Java or C# and extensive experience working in a Linux or UNIX environment. The candidate should have a demonstrable understanding of software principles, theories, and concepts related to software engineering (including software development lifecycle and software development process), design patterns and Object Oriented analysis, design, and programming.
A current TS/SCI security clearance is required for this job.
Job responsibilities include:
* Interpret requirements into software architecture and design
* Design, develop and code software sufficient to meet the requirements of one or more components or systems
* Perform integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
* Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources; integrate and ensure they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
* Adhere to accepted standards and processes for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code overage; participating in code peer reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
* 2+ years of software development experience in Java, C/C++ or C# in a Linux or UNIX environment
* Strong problem-solving ability
* Desire to work and thrive in a team environment
* Effective verbal and written communication
* Able to work independently with very little supervision
* Experience using source control tools associated with defect/issue tools
* Active/Current TS/SCI clearance
* Experience with RESTful services
* Experience using JDBC to connect to relational databases (programmatic & command line)
* Experience developing and deploying distributed cloud-based applications
* Development, inspection, and manipulation of XML, XSDs and WSDLs
* Experience using SOAP-based web services (interface definition, implementation, WS-Security)
* Experience with Spring
* Experience using continuous integration tools such as Hudson/Jenkins or Cruise Control
* Experience with automated testing, build automation and dependency management tools
* Experience using task management tools such as JIRA Agile
* Experience coding applications interfacing with Postgres and Mongo databases
* Active SSBI
Required Education (including Major):
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience
137432 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.