Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses and to our own.
Morgan Stanley's Prime Brokerage Technology department is looking for an enthusiastic developer to join Client Digital Development team in NY. The PB Client Digital Technology team provides external clients digital access to Morgan Stanley data and services through desktop, mobile and programmatic APIs. Software developed by the team are a core part of the business multi-channel digitization strategy and are evolving the traditional client interaction model. The team is looking for skilled software engineers that are comfortable working in a dynamic environment and focused on commercial delivery.
* Writing simple & maintainable code with a focus on testing, performance & security
* Collaborate on the architecture and build Client Facing applications in a fast paced agile environment
* Collaborating with stakeholders and others in technology team to build out required apps
* Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a global team
* Experienced developing and testing RESTful Micro services
* Experience with Java & Spring 5
* Familiarity with Enterprise scale deployments, maintenance & support
* Familiarity with cyber security vulnerabilities and how to prevent them
* Comfortable using GIT and managing aspects of the build and deployment pipeline
* Experience writing SQLs, stored procedures and performance tuning are a plus
* Must be passionate about quality software development & maintenance
* Front End Development Experience using Angular, TypeScript, HTML5, and test harness using Karma/Jasmine
* Finance experience not required
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.