Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
We are growing our LD Clearing Technology team and are looking for individuals who will work with our global business, operation and technology divisions to provide strategic technical solutions to complex business needs.
* We are looking for strong Java developers with associated architectural skills, design patterns, database and scripting languages.
* Candidates should have demonstrated ownership and delivery of large pieces of infrastructure.
* Should be able to operate independently, or within a team.
* Clear communication and business face off skills are absolutely essential.
3 to 5 years of strong technical background including proficiency in OO design and in-depth knowledge of Core Java, Spring Framework, Distributed Cache and Publish/Subscribe architecture.
* Strong experience with SQL programming and relational databases (DB2, Sybase Preferred).
* Messaging broker experience with XML/SOAP/MQ.
* Intermediate Perl skills and understanding of basic UNIX shell scripts.
* Experience using Eclipse IDE or any other equivalent development IDE.
* Unix/Linux Competence.
* Experience with Perforce or similar source-control system and JIRA or similar job-tracking system.
* Good analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to multi-task and must be interested in business. Self-motivated and ability to work consistently and efficiently to achieve end goals.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.