At Home Group
The Technical Operations Engineer is tasked with keeping At Home's IT systems functional and usable by At Home team members. This position serves as a subject matter expert and technical resource for both home office and store team members. This engineer works across the entire IT infrastructure landscape, including server troubleshooting and administration, desktop support, network and phone configuration, mobile device management, systems imaging, point of sale administration, and product procurement. The Technical Operations Engineer reports to the Technical Operations Manager.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
* Addresses and resolves technical incidents are requests from home office team members. Determines severity and scope of incidents and escalates to higher level engineering teams as appropriate.
* Utilizes enterprise-level deployment tools to deliver images of laptops, desktops, and point of sale systems for use by At Home team members
* Uses enterprise tools to patch and update IT infrastructure workstation and critical server systems.
* Performs daily health checks on the IT infrastructure environment.
* Uses problem-solving skills to develop new solutions to problems and suggest technical improvements
* Administers the organization's mobile device environment
* Performs repairs on IT equipment including laptops, desktops, printers, and point of sale devices.
* Works with external vendors to facilitate service.
* Receives and ships IT equipment and maintains accurate asset inventory
* Performs work in accordance with company information security and assurance policies
* Configures and installs server, storage, power management, and workstation systems per company documented standards
* Serves as an escalation point for more junior IT support personnel
* Provides exemplary customer service when assisting other company employees with technical issues.
* Analyzes users' needs and implements solutions to technical problems related to the computing environment.
* Creates manuals, knowledge-base articles, flowcharts, diagrams, and other technical documentation.
* Must have breadth and depth of IT knowledge that includes understanding of Microsoft desktop and basic server operating environments, Microsoft Office applications, AS400, IBM/Toshiba point of sale, and general networking concepts.
* Provides initial troubleshooting for back-end infrastructure systems for the company, including but not limited to enterprise messaging, Active Directory, virtualization environment, SAN storage infrastructure, cloud-based infrastructure, shared workspaces, and ticketing systems.
* Participates in 24x7 on-call rotations as directed by the Technical Operations Manager
* May be assigned to temporarily act as the Technical Operations Manager in the absence of the manager.
* Other duties as assigned by IT management.
Qualifications & Competencies:
* Requires 6-8 years of relevant work experience in desktop support and systems administration; bachelor's or associate's degree in a related technical field may count as relevant experience
* Requires familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory, Enterprise imaging and patching platforms, Windows server and desktop operating systems
* Experience with infrastructure virtualization and SAN storage systems strongly preferred
* Certifications such as Microsoft MCTS, MCSA, MCSE, VMWare VCA or equivalent knowledge are strongly preferred
* Familiarity with IT industry-standard concepts, practices, and procedures including change management and IT Service Management.
* Able to plan and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
* Proven problem-solver with confidence and creativity preferred
About At Home Group
At Home is the home décor superstore.