Founded in 1915, we started with a single recycling location and have grown into a global enterprise, and one of the largest metal recyclers and steel manufacturers in the United States. Our vertical integration model was the first of its kind and revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today.
We are also a Fortune 1000, global company that is committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing a safe and healthy environment where our employees can succeed, creating value for our investors and improving our communities.
We are sensitive to the impact our industry has on the environment, which is why we are committed to a process that minimizes our carbon footprint and preserves our natural resources for future generations. Our recycling facilities collect metals from the community and convert them into steel that supports our infrastructure.
Return to List | Apply Now
IT Project Manager - Infrastructure (5237)
Location: Irving, TX (0001) Relocation Assistance:
CMC is currently seeking an IT Infrastructure Project Manager. The IT Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for partnering with the Director of IT Infrastructure and team managers to assist in the construction of project requirements, resources and time lines. The IT Infrastructure Project Manager will represent Infrastructure in IT Project Governance process.
The IT Infrastructure Project Manager must possess a demonstrated ability to efficiently manage and deliver complex projects as well as interactive soft skills and must be able to understand cross-project interdependencies, identify gaps or overlaps and negotiate scope adjustments not only with the corresponding project managers but also with executives and sponsors. The IT Infrastructure Project Manager requires a solid understanding of and practical experience using formal methodologies including demonstrating the ability to realistically adjust predefined processes to project needs and take corrective actions as required to ensure delivery of projects with complete scope, at desired quality, on time and within budget or suggests these actions to the guided/mentored project managers.
The IT Infrastructure Project Manager will be involved in project initiation and strategic project alignment to business objectives, including analysis and negotiation with executives for cross-project integration. The role guides, mentors and performs project planning based on predefined scope for all Infrastructure knowledge areas (Client, Server/Storage, Networking/Telecom, Security). This role contributes to process and methodological improvement based on performance analysis, lessons learned, and project archives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Central purpose of the job:
Essential Job Functions:
* Facilitate project plan details for Infrastructure teams: Network, Telecom, Client, Server, Security, Software License, etc.
* Manages end-to-end strategic projects, usually large in scope, budget and team
* Interface with other Project Managers within IT and the business to ensure team plans are linked
* Capture and maintain milestone targets and status in accordance with CMC requirements
* High degree of experience managing Infrastructure Technologies is critical
* Coordinates managers, engineers, architects, and contractors assigned to deliver tasks of complex projects
* Ability to successfully manage complex projects that most likely includes sub-projects managed by project leaders or coordinators
* Goal oriented and action-focused, exceptional at planning, organizing, delegating and team motivation
* Advanced leadership and general management skills
* Advanced communication, negotiation, conflict resolution capabilities
* Participate in project and IT resource planning
* Manage project risks and issues, escalating for resolution if necessary
* Work effectively in a dynamic environment where shifting priorities frequently alter work plans, or require multitasking to achieve desired outcome
* Requires solid analysis, planning and organizational skills; capable of managing and reporting on projects throughout the project lifecycle
* Provide subcontractor management
* Knowledge of PM methodology, tools and techniques (typically a PMP)
* Contributes to process and methodological improvements based on performance analysis, lessons learned, archives, etc.
* Establish measure and monitor adherence to quality standards and plans that focus on continuous improvements
* Assist with budget creation and forecasting of project costs
* Must understand the strategic alignment of IT projects to business needs and objectives and be willing to advise Organizational Leadership on technology related tactical decisions
* Must be able to interact horizontally with many functional groups throughout the organization
* Demonstrated understanding of organizational environment and projects alignment to corporate objectives
* Understand the customer or user's perspective, anticipate and respond to the customer's needs appropriately with a sense of commitment
* A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Secondary Job Functions:
* Demonstrates team work and a positive attitude toward work and others
* Demonstrates continuous learning
* Demonstrates team members are cross-trained
* Demonstrates and helps to create a safe working environment
Experience and Skill Requirements
* 5+ years of technology Project Management experience, or relevant business or team leadership
* Experience with projects in multiple technologies, functions (e.g. transaction management, risk management etc.) and industries
* Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
* Experience in working with
About Commercial Metals
Commercial Metals Company (CMC) is a company that manufactures, recycles and markets steel and metal products, related materials and services through a network of facilities.