Founded in 1915, we started with a single recycling location and have grown into a global enterprise, and one of the largest metal recyclers and steel manufacturers in the United States. Our vertical integration model was the first of its kind and revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today.
We are also a Fortune 1000, global company that is committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing a safe and healthy environment where our employees can succeed, creating value for our investors and improving our communities.
We are sensitive to the impact our industry has on the environment, which is why we are committed to a process that minimizes our carbon footprint and preserves our natural resources for future generations. Our recycling facilities collect metals from the community and convert them into steel that supports our infrastructure.
Return to List | Apply Now
Senior IT Client Engineer (5435)
Location: Irving, TX (0001) Relocation Assistance: No
CMC is currently seeking a Senior IT Client Engineer who will be responsible for engineering the life cycle of Client related systems as well as Systems Configuration Management of Client technologies such as desktops, laptops, tablets, base operating systems, Group Policies, application packaging, systems patching and updates. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys being a part of a fast-paced Team responsible for leading and supporting multiple projects to implement new technology, perform maintenance and upgrades to the existing environment. For successful completion of these projects, problem solving, vendor management, and interfacing with clients and colleagues across the organization will be key.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Participates in a team of engineers and contractors to develop strategies and technology roadmap for Client Systems including desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices using current and emerging technologies.
* Translates business requirements into solution designs while ensuring security compliance.
* Plans and recommends hardware, software and architecture to support the delivery of services such as Windows10 configuration & Imaging, Office365, Application Packaging, Operating Systems Patching, and 1E Nomad.
* Possesses skill with Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Management, 1E Nomad, and Windows platform (Win10 & Win7), PowerShell, and Excel.
* Responsible to drive standards around application packaging and security patching services for Windows platforms.
* Develops / maintains standards for hardware & software configurations of Client Systems.
* Evaluates and recommends new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
* Monitors system performance and does capacity planning proactively assessing and making recommendations.
* Collaborates with other teams to automate tasks becoming a lower cost operator.
* Works closely with Enterprise Architecture, IT Security, and Service Delivery to support system deployment and operations.
* Provides management with performance tracking reports and trending from supported platforms.
* Participation in Microsoft licensing agreements with a team including Manager of Server/Storage, Director of Infrastructure, IT Finance, and Procurement.
Experience and Skill Requirements
* Minimum of 5 years IT experience in a variety of technologies including: Desktop, Laptop, Tablets, Office365
* Minimum of 5 years in Client device and deployment engineering: MS System Center and 1E Nomad
* Minimum 2 years' experience managing Client technologies and deployment teams
* High degree of problem solving
* Working with others:
o Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with and influence a variety of internal stakeholders.
o Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create and effectively deliver information and facilitate presentations.
o Able to partner with different parts of the business to identify and achieve goals.
* Thinking Critically:
o Makes effective, fact-based business decisions and recommendations.
o Recognizes problems, identifies opportunities, and suggests solutions for improvement.
o Seeks opportunities for learning/growth and is open to feedback.
o Able to balance tactical decisions with bigger picture.
* Getting Things Done:
o Able to prioritize, plan, and drive issues, tasks and delive
About Commercial Metals
Commercial Metals Company (CMC) is a company that manufactures, recycles and markets steel and metal products, related materials and services through a network of facilities.