1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world's largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the Job
As a IT Operations Specialist at Scribd you will have a unique opportunity to grow your own skills as we grow our IT team and create an amazing work experience for our colleagues. It's your role to support day-to-day operations, onboard new employees, assist with audio/video, build documentation, and provide general moral support to your coworkers.
* You will be responsible for supporting 180-190 users in a rapidly growing environment.
* Supporting employees in resolving issues with their computers, and other IT/AV systemsDocument operations, processes, and IT solutions
* Being point of contact for the IT Help Desk. - This includes: ensuring that tickets are completed in a timely manner per the helpdesk policy, assist other members of the IT department in troubleshooting their tickets, ensuring that closed tickets have appropriate information attached, maintain and update Scribd asset management system, participate in on call rotation along with other IT staff weekly on-boarding training with new employees
* Supporting Scribd global team by providing remote support for the Toronto and Pheonix offices
* Other responsibilities may be assigned as appropriate
* Support Stripe systems (Apple, Dropbox, Gmail, Slack, Bluejeans, Crestron, Lifesize etc.)
* Help maintain a physical inventory of IT hardware (computers, peripherals, and accessories)
* Support live and streaming video events, record and archive events as needed
* Support and maintain AV systems across Scribd globally
* Proactively identify and address technical issues across the company
* Assist with IT onboarding and training curriculum
* Design, update, and maintain IT documentation
* Must be proficient with macOS, as this is an Apple shop.
* Jamf experience desirable.
* Versed with Cisco Meraki products.
* Basic proficiency with git or other version control tools.
* Experience with a full scale office move a plus
* 3-5 years of professional IT support experience in a OS X & Windows environment
* Basic understanding of networking (DHCP, DNS, SSO, VPN)
* Ability to help Scribd employees solve hardware and software problems on Mac, PC and mobile devices
* Experience with SaaS applications and integration into the enterprise environment: this includes…Google AppsBox, Office 365SSO (Okta, OneLogin, Bitium, Ping, etc.)
* Ability to support and assist employees using AV systems, both on-site and remote, including Lifesize
* Experience with MDM / EMM software (We use JAMF)
* Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems
* Strong customer focus
* Process and systems oriented with an eye to detail
* A positive, service-oriented attitude
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Experience supporting AV equipment and events
* Possess expert knowledge of Apple systems and software (Apple Certified)
* Possess working knowledge of imaging/endpoint management tools (DeployStudio, Munki, Puppet)
* Able to independently manage and prioritize workload
* Be empathetic, humble, and possess a strong focus on customer service
* Possess outstanding interpersonal and communication
Why we work here
* We are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of Caltrain and BART
* Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
* Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
* 401k matching
* Paid Parental leave
* Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
* Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
* Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
* Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
* Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
* Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
Scribd is a digital library, featuring e-book subscription services on iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet.