1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world's largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the Data Team
Our team is small but mighty, digesting terabytes of data, making sense of it, and delivering key insights that drive both business and product decisions. The team works on every aspect of the business so you'll touch everything we do and have impact on all aspects of Scribd. If you look at problems from both a business and technical perspective, we'd love to talk to you!
* Provide decision-support to the whole company by doing analysis, building predictive models, creating reports - doing whatever it takes - to support data needs across the organization.
* Become a domain expert in all aspects of the Scribd business, product, and data model; use this expertise to provide advice to all teams in the usage of our data.
* Solve ambiguous problems
* Collaborate with stakeholders to determine the highest-impact opportunities
* 3-5+ years of professional experience in data science
* Bachelor's degree or higher in math, stats, CS, physics or equivalent experience
* Familiarity with one of the following: NLP, recommendation systems, neural networks, predictive modeling
* Experience w/ a scripting language like Python, R, etc
* Comfortable w/ SQL
* Bonus points for experience w/ experimental design or deep learning
Why we work here
* We are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of Caltrain and BART
* Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
* Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
* 401k matching
* Paid Parental leave
* Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
* Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
* Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
* Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
* Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
* Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
Scribd is a digital library, featuring e-book subscription services on iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet.