Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof - All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The IT Manager - DevOps Marketing Systems is responsible for ensuring the overall day-to-day availability and stability of our Loyalty, CRM, MDM and Marketing Analytics systems. The individual will work closely with product management, software developers and system engineers to understand system functionality and the overall system design / architecture so that appropriate operational tools can be implemented to proactively monitor the systems ensuring maximum uptime. They will participate in quality assurance activities, including performance testing to validate new business capabilities in order to prepare and plan for production deployments and subsequent operational support.
The individual must be able to effectively troubleshoot application and technical operation issues, communicate root cause analysis results and recommend improvements for the application and systems. In addition, he/she needs to identify and implement applicable operational tools, processes and procedures to facilitate proactive monitoring the digital channels and establish a baseline of service level agreements (SLAs) to measure the overall availability and stability of the systems under his/her responsibility.Individual should be comfortable working with minimal direction for extended periods, as well as assisting other team members to accomplish project success.Assignments may vary from well-defined, long term projects to ad-hoc work requests urgent to business success.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Systems Development Management: Leads solution development projects which support the organization's objectives and plans. Ensures that management is both aware of each initiative and is able to provide the required resources. Reviews the progress of development projects, ensuring that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed standards (including industry & Ulta standards), methods and procedures.
* Relationship Management: Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels and ensures that organizational policy and strategies are adhered to.
* Quality Management: Leads the application of appropriate quality management techniques to identify areas for improvement. Coordinates systematic corrective action to reduce errors and improve the quality of the systems and services, by examination of the root causes of problems.
* Resourcing: Implements resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews. Facilitates selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
* Performance Management: Supervises individuals by allocating routine tasks and/or project work. Provides direction, support and guidance as necessary, in line with individuals' skills and abilities. Monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria.
* Third party vendor management and Software Support
* Effectively run daily status meetings and moderate outage calls
* 24/7 support and on call rotation
* Configure and troubleshooting middleware systems like Apache, Jboss, NGINX, NodeJs…
* Lead and Support Enterprise and Guest Mobility systems.
* IOS and Android Apps Support and troubleshooting
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or equivalent professional experience
* 8+ years of IT management experience in supporting a high trafficked e-Commerce site (operations experience a strong plus)
* 5 years' experience with mobile technologies and APIs
* Strong understanding of IOS and Android Apps and related technologies
* 5 years' experience managing technology teams in a complex environment
* Strong experience in Java application servers and performance interfaces and monitoring tools
* Possess a basic understanding of Oracle RAC, SQL tuning, and OLTP concepts
* Experience with a variety of system monitoring applications. (e.g. dynaTrace, Sumologic…)
* Experience with DevOps and SDLC tools required. (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Jira, Confluence…)
* ATG E-Commerce Platform experience desired
* Excellent analysis/troubleshooting skills, able to solve problems efficiently
* Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
* Able to motivate others to drive desired results
* Strong experience in establishing business processes
* Demonstrated ability to present recommendations to senior leaders for effective decision making
* Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model
* Proven track record of delivering high quality solutions on time and on schedule
* Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
* Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
About Ulta Beauty
ULTA Beauty is a beauty retailer.