The IT Field Technician assists in the management of IT operations and application support at Snowflake Computing. This position is responsible for maintaining quality IT services and driving change for the business. Our goal is to deliver excellent technical and non-technical support with outstanding customer service and timeliness. This position is part of the IT team, so candidates must be passionate about technology, highly skilled at providing amazing customer service, and have the ability to thrive in a fast paced and highly productive environment.
* Responsible for solving issues, driving enhancements, and improving support for all IT end-user related functions on a day to day basis.
* Act as the primary contact for internal Snowflake support requests.
* Drive communication and priority within the business and Snowflake headquarters to ensure constancy across organization.
* Project manage field specific components related to operational goals and application support. - Audits tasks to ensure quality and looks for workflow deficiencies and deploys strategies to streamline workflows.
* Provides service, maintenance, repairs and upgrades for all computers and peripherals as well as routine moves, adds and changes.
* Assist remote users through chat with access problems ranging from password resets to network access failures.
* Educates Snowflake employees on basic computing functions.
* Contact and collaborate with software and hardware vendors to solve technical issues as needed.
* Prepare the office for new product / service releases and stay on the forefront of emerging industry practices, ensuring compliance with IT security and general controls.
* Provide technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
* Working knowledge of video collaboration to provide basic A/V support.
* User-facing support of mobile devices.
* Support messaging & calendaring services and content collaboration.
* Troubleshoots client-side network connectivity issues, including digital authentication, remote access, secure Wi-Fi and wired connectivity to the internal network.
* Performs break/fix or remote installations as needed.
* Triage, assign, and escalate all incoming tickets. - Onboarding administration.
* Prepares new hire hardware for deployment.
* Responsible for maintaining local inventory accuracy and coordinating equipment logistics.
* Order, receive, unboxing and organizing deliveries.
* Track and issue hardware, software, and peripherals.
* A deep understanding of root-cause analysis.
* Strong understanding of Mac OS architecture.
* Strong knowledge of Windows is a plus.
* Ability to perform command line troubleshooting to resolve individual application failures.
* Mac OS X system administration and applications, including OS configuration, troubleshooting, and knowledge of applications including MS Office, iWork, VMware Fusion, Apple Remote Desktop.
* VOIP system a plus.
* Troubleshooting and application support.
Working knowledge of the following technologies:
* JAMF for software distribution
* Google Apps for Business, including Mail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, and Groups (Google Admin)
* Cloud storage services
* OKTA for SSO
* Service Now
* Office 365
* Communications and video conferencing tools, including Zoom and WebEx
* Issue and bug tracking software platforms, preferably JIRA
* Experience supporting TCP/IP networks, LAN/WAN design and administration, and wireless networking is desirable.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to support others in a team environment while also serving as a single point of tech support for local employees.
* Ability to deliver outstanding customer service and provide simplified explanations of complex technical issues.
* Ability to apply critical thinking to complex user requests and provide as much context and information as possible in order to deliver the best possible solution.
* Develops professional expertise, including employer and/or client process and operating procedure to resolve a variety of issues
* Works independently on problems of moderate scope and proactively resolves routine issues consistently and effectively
* Learns to solve problems of moderate difficulty where analysis of situations and/or data requires review of a variety of factors
* Exercises judgment within defined procedures and existing practices to determine appropriate action
* Requires general guidance on routine work assignments and detailed instructions only on new and/or long-term projects
About Milestone Technologies
Milestone Technologies is a leading supplier of technology products and support services.