The Human Team:
Help Airbnb fulfill its Belong Anywhere mission by building products for people who have been forced to flee their homes or are otherwise in urgent need of housing. The Human team is a cross-functional group focused on creating unique product solutions to difficult social problems in housing, livelihood creation, and bias/perception. We are responsible for meeting Airbnb's commitment to house 100,000 people in need over the next five years.
We are looking for self-directed engineers to work with our cross-functional team on all aspects of product development: strategy, brainstorming, user research, design, execution, and iteration. The ideal candidates will have a customer-focused mindset, a desire to shape product direction, and strong technical and strong cross-functional communication/collaboration skills. They must embody Airbnb's core values and be a champion for the mission of helping everyone, especially people in need, belong anywhere. This includes a commitment to social impact, social justice, working with diverse communities and interest in learning and engaging with identities other than their own.
We are a small team working in an evolving space, so the engineers must be comfortable in a fluid work environment where responsibilities may change rapidly in response to sudden shifts in government policy and world events.
What is iOS at Airbnb?
iOS at Airbnb is one of the main platforms that millions of users engage with daily. You would be helping build a critical part of the future success at Airbnb. Specifically we are looking for engineers who want to own large scope and drive huge impact.
If you are interested in product development - we're looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible, and passionate individuals who appreciate user experience. We're looking for someone who is not only well-versed in iOS development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX and enjoys working closely with design.
If you are interested in more mobile infrastructure - we're looking for individuals who are thoughtful, responsible, passionate and appreciate infrastructure advancements. We're looking for someone who has a strong understanding of mobile architectural patterns and is excited to learn about and contribute to that at scale.
* Take a proactive role in product direction and strategy by writing specs and proposing creative solutions that address real needs for our community
* Execute on iOS engineering projects in close collaboration with other members of the product team
* Ability to make self-informed product decisions and manage own time
* Collaborate with product teams in the core business to ensure our product integrates well into the Airbnb ecosystem
* 4+ years industry experience
* Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
* Experience shipping one or more Swift or Objective-C iOS apps, ideally currently available in the App Store.
* Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense.
* Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and show motivation for personal growth.
* Interest in innovations within the mobile industry.
Airbnb is a company which provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.