Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Our mission is to help millions of people live happier financial lives. We do this by applying cutting-edge automated money management, behavioral finance insights and machine learning, while engaging users with a captivating, intuitive interface.
We are seeking a Senior iOS Engineer with a passion for building delightful user-facing mobile apps. In this role, you will be developing, testing and maintaining our revolutionary consumer financial iOS app, and will have a huge influence on app architecture and development. You have a proven track record of delivering high quality apps in the App Store, and are committed to standard engineering practices, including automated testing and continuous integration.
We're new to the market and growing fast (10x is our baseline). Learn more about us by checking out our app Twine for iOS (we've been selected as App of the Day multiple times!) and read our launch manifesto.
What you will do:
* Takes ownership of client features throughout the product lifecycle
* Collaborates with product managers and other engineering leads on project timelines and requirements
* Maintains high quality standards, ensuring robust testing and code review processes are in place
* Collaborates with designers to bring creative ideas to the UI and craft a beautiful iOS experience
* Shares technical solutions and product ideas through design review and technological discussions
What you will bring:
* 5+ years experience working full time as an iOS Engineer
* 2+ years of deep experience developing in Swift
* Prior experience in a team environment, leading projects end to end
* Shipped one or more products to the App Store (include links for review)
* Able to evaluate technical approaches to problems and provide viable alternative solutions
* Empathetic to the end user experience and thoughtful about what we can do to make it better
* A professional, positive attitude and entrepreneurial drive
* The ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of March 31, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$849 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Manulife is a financial services company providing financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions.