Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Are you a Data Analyst looking to progress in to a Lead Analyst role? Look no further!
As a member of the Chief Data Office within the Global Wealth and Asset Management Division, the Lead Data Analyst role is responsible for working with the Data Management, business stakeholders and other project teams, to ensure that investment applications have complete and accurate information for business users on a daily basis, this includes but is not limited to: data integrity and availability within Investment applications, data reconciliation, pricing integrity, security master, portfolio master and the integrity of reference and market data.
This job description does not represent a comprehensive listing of job duties that are required of the employee performing this role. We reserve the right to change duties or assign additional duties at any time with or without notice.
People Leader Role: No
Senior Team Member
* Developing templates and methodologies to ensure data requirements are accurately and completely captured and can be effectively communicated to other data stakeholders, including Business Users, Business Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Architects, Solutions Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Data Governance and Data Management Staff
* Ensuring the proposed technical solutions effectively meet the business need
* Evaluating existing and proposed data models and how to best access and query them
* Evaluating existing and proposed data interfaces and how to clearly document them, including specification of data flow models, data flow timing, source-to-target mapping, and data transformation rules including data validations and controls
* Assist the Director with improving the automation of data processes
* Act as the technical SME for all data management platforms & cross train team members
* Resolving and troubleshooting business issues and discrepancies through analytical and technical approach and adhering to the data management principle
* Working with internal and external relationships to trouble shoot any data issues. Act as the main point of escalation.
* Coordinate with other staff and departments as needed to ensure the quality of client-oriented solutions; coordinate and relay information; identify potential problem areas and resolve or escalate them.
* Participate in internal and external conversion project team meetings
* Communicate to internal team members any potential delays or adjustments to agreed-upon timeframes
* Participate in beta testing and pilot new products or processes and provide feedback
* Acquiring solid knowledge of all security and portfolio functions and assist with daily work as required
* Keeping current on evolving Investment business knowledge domains to accurately assess the quality of the data
* Escalate significant issues, follow up on outstanding items or discrepancies until resolution
* Assist with identifying process and efficiency improvements
* Provide support to Director(s) as required
* Recommend systems enhancements needed to improve operational efficiencies
* Provide support to team members as required
* Attend training as required to stay current with systems and products
* Keep abreast of all projects and their data needs and requirements
* 2-4 years related experience in working with Investment domain data and Data Management solutions
* Capital markets domain knowledge (including but not restricted to: trade lifecycle, front office operations, order execution, back office, investment accounting, fund administration, performance management and attribution, data management, data governance, security & portfolio data)
* Experience with data-centric projects (preferably within a capital markets or investment banking domain), Proven ability to comprehend technical systems and processes
* Requires understanding of complex business functions and subject matter, must be able to grasp and simplify the expression of complex scenarios
* Experience delivering data documentation artifacts in organizations of similar size and complexity within project deadlines
* Experienced writing complex SQL queries to analyze data and provide results to business users or project team members
* Excellent understanding of IT principles such as databases, functions, UI, business rules, software systems
* Familiarity with data management, investment systems or business intelligence tools (e.g. Bloomberg PolarLake, Bloomberg AIM, SimCorp Dimension, Microsoft Power BI, MicroStrategy)
* Able to work in agile or scrum delivery environments
* Ability to manage deadlines, role requires strong work ethic & attention to detail with the ability to identify missing data, as well as, inconsistencies and errors
* Demonstrated initiative, able to work both independently and as a team member
* Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships by demonstrating superior interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
* Ability to clearly communicate complex data related information clearly and succinctly to a level appropriate to the listener
* The ability to determine what requires immediate attention and act to bring about the desired result
* Ability to adapt to change quickly
* Flexibility in hours to support different time zones as needed
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of March 31, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$849 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Manulife is a financial services company providing financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions.