Ernst & Young
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Workplace Technology (EWT) - EWT supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. EWT will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
The Digital Forensics and Investigations Analyst acts as a point for information gathering and clearing in support of digital forensic inquiries and investigations. The analyst will document investigative process within those data stores, automate data collection for investigations, collaborate with a range of internal work areas in collaboration with other team members.
Your key responsibilities
The analyst will work to perform security investigations, provide forensic services to support the team, assist in the maintenance of forensic and investigative plans and procedures, and participate in security incidents, investigations, and digital forensic inquiries
He will interface directly with systems embedded within the IT architecture of EY (i.e., parsing log data and correlating electronically stored information from multiple systems). The candidate must be competent to work at a high technical level in IT environments, capable of identifying threat vectors and relevant information within log data/artefacts, having the ability to effectively document their forensic and investigative actions and communicate findings and follow-up actions with a range of stakeholders.
The analyst is also responsible for identifying opportunities to improve work flow, enhance information security practices, and expedite data retrieval and analysis for proactive and reactive investigations.
Main responsibilities are:
* Provide support and on occasion lead security investigations when required
* Advise and assist Team Leads on the relevance of information derived from internal and external sources associated with information security matters, digital forensic inquiries and investigative work
* Support the information security lab used for processing investigation and forensic efforts
* Identify and propose areas for improvement in information security documentation as required
* Help analyse findings in investigative matters, and develop fact-based technical reports detailing events over specified periods of time
* Demonstrated integrity and judgment within a professional environment
* Ability to appropriately balance work/personal priorities
* Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
Skills and attributes for success
* [Global mind-set for working with different cultures and backgrounds
* Ability to team well with others to facilitate and enhance the understanding & compliance to security policies
* Ability to work in time-sensitive and stressful situations with ease and professionalism
* Possess an efficient and versatile communication style
* Knowledge of existing and emerging legal issues within information security environments (i.e., data privacy)
* An Information Security background or knowledge to speak intelligently to both technical and non-technical teams and understand the variation of risks posed to the firm in different situations
* Good verbal and written communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have
* 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following:
* Understanding of electronic investigation, forensic tools, and methodologies. Including: log correlation and analysis, forensically handling electronic data, knowledge of the computer security investigative processes.
* Be familiar with a basic understanding of legalities surrounding discovery and analysis of electronically stored information.
* Experience with programming languages such as Pearl, Python, Java, Java script, C, C++, C#, ASP, .NET, Unix/Linux and Splunk highly desirable.
* Candidates must hold or be actively pursuing related professional certifications such as CISSP, Security+, EnCE, ACE, GCFE, GCIA
Ideally, you'll also have
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.