Requisition ID: 220015
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
We are seeking a Engineering Intern to join us in reshaping the face of global commerce! SAP is uniquely positioned to achieve this task, as hundreds of billions of events, representing >75% of the world's transaction revenue touches an SAP system.
Come join the SAP Business Network, where we are leveraging large amounts of heterogenous "big data," artificial intelligence, machine learning, and cutting-edge graph technologies to drive innovation and create insights for our customers.
As a Engineer on our team, you'll report directly through to the Senior Engineering Director of Data & AI Platforms, where you'll work hands-on with our engineering teams, data scientists, and researchers on AI insights and cutting-edge graph database technologies. You'll be involved not only in helping to figuring out "what" the future of AI and Graph should look like for global commerce, but you'll be tasked with hands-on with the teams to drive and execute our vision. This is a boots on the ground engineering role writing code and helping derive deep data insights.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be a technically-minded person Software Engineer with a passion for solving the world's big technology challenges. You should enjoy working with peer engineering teams, be laser focused on execution and driving excellence, and always asking yourself how you can measure success.
EXPECTATION AND TASKS
* As a software developer you will be working in a team of experienced colleagues. Your main responsibilities will be to:
* Research, Proof of Concept, Design and develop software
* Implement new functionalities
* Organize and present deliverables
* Deliver high quality output by implementing QA activities (e.g unit test, integration test, test automation)
* Participate as a member of Agile (SCRUM) development team
* Demonstrate flexibility to take on additional tasks
* Innovate, brainstorm and try new ideas
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
* Very good knowledge of python
* Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS
* Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
* Knowledge of Git, Travis, Visual Studio Code
* Knowledge of Web Services( REST, SOAP), Authentication protocols like OAuth is desirable
* Knowledge of SAP UI5 is nice to have
* Knowledge of Cloud computing/software as a service is nice to have (AWS, Azure, GCP)
* Knowledge of Enterprise business process development is nice to have
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to learn and drive topics to their completion
* Interests in Data Science: AI, Machine learning and neural networks
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (degrees, class completion, etc.)
* Undergrad, Master student, or new graduate
* Software engineering, Computer engineering or Computing Science
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.