University of Washington
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here. As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a "Great College to Work For" for five consecutive years.
The UW Finance Transformation Program (UWFT) is a $200M initiative to replace the University's financial systems with an integrated system to manage the full suite of financial transactions and reporting needs in the UW system - to include academic, administrative, and healthcare. UWFT will fundamentally change the processes and tools that the University employs to track, spend, collect, manage, and report University finances in excess of $7B in annual revenues, resulting in more timely and actionable information for leadership. Among the UW's highest administrative priorities, this multi-year initiative is one of the largest finance system projects in Washington State and the outcome of the program will be highly visible at all levels of the University and the state.
This position provides opportunity to work as a team member on an enterprise level program, in a challenging, diverse and rewarding environment.
Knowledge Content Management
Develop and execute knowledge sharing strategy, processes and procedures in support of meeting the content management requirements of UWFT; lead the effort to set the information management strategy for UWFT
Monitor the range of information available for addressing information needs, working with stakeholders to identify needed content, and identify required changes. Ensure consistency of content across information platforms, and implement updates focused on enhancing quality and efficiency
Analyze reports and available data to understand effectiveness of knowledge management processes and determine requisite enhancements
Utilize content management systems to create program status reports, dashboards and metrics for program use, strategic decision-making and stakeholder engagement
Develop documentation for how to best utilize content management tools, and training for users to most effectively utilize available tools
Key Stakeholder Outreach
Proactively engage program staff and governance to determine information needs, organization of information, and accessibility; translate feedback into knowledge management strategy
Conduct consultations, training, and presentations to varied constituencies for the purpose of promoting broad and effective use of knowledge management tools
Act as a resource and subject matter expert for knowledge sharing best practices
Tools Development & Management
Maintain and further develop the UWFT SharePoint site
Partner with communications team to maintain external-facing website
Work closely with UWFT leadership to determine additional information sharing tools that may be necessary to engage users through the system change, and provide innovative recommendations
Produce complex reports for UWFT leadership and governance
Ensure designated content is properly managed and maintained using tools such as, HTML, PHP, WordPress, etc.
Develop new tools for information sharing/gathering to support business need such as, database, scripting, and complex spreadsheet development
Conduct routine audits on content organization and program team adherence to document metadata utilization.
Manage access permissions and user administration (coordinating the set-up of accounts, password and identity management.
Engage technical contractors as needed to develop functionality of information management tools if needed
Bachelor's degree in Information Management, Information Technology or related field. Minimum of five years in the following areas:
* Bachelor's degree and five years of experience working with complex projects or operations involving multiple teams and deliverables, complex client or community interactions, and prioritization of multiple competing demands.
* Experience administering and configuring solutions for SharePoint Office 365: knowledge of SharePoint permissions levels, document libraries, metadata values, site collection, site, list library, search, metadata, and other SharePoint constructs
* Excellent oral and written communications skills; demonstrated commitment to provide excellent customer service
* Strong knowledge and experience using multiple technology applications including: Outlook/Exchange, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, JIRA or equivalent ticketing systems, SharePoint, and Google Applications
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
* Expertise on document and records management using an enterprise system
* Demonstrated ability to self-train on new products, protocols, standards and applications and the ability to communicate impacts and procedures to the program team
* Ability to work closely with end-users, and to communicate technical information to non-technical staff
* Ability to adhere to guidelines, work unsupervised and demonstrate ownership of work products
* Experience with content analysis, document management, data capture, portals, shared storage locations, workflow, collaboration, data warehousing, decision support, and information dissemination
* Experience training users on the knowledge management tools
* Experience developing reports to support operations and write knowledge content
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
* Solid understanding of UX (user interface) design practices
* Hands-on experience with process automation, workflows and improvements of business processes.
* Experience with knowledge management, classification standards and the overall information lifecycle from creation through various stages of use and disposition
* Large program experience
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select "Apply to this position". Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your "My Jobs" page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, your experiences, perspectives and unique identities will be honored at the University of Washington. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
About University of Washington
University of Washington is an educational institution that provides undergraduate, graduate, and research programs.