University of Washington
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here. As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a "Great College to Work For" for five consecutive years.
UW Information Technology (UW-IT) is the central IT organization for the University of Washington (UW), providing critical technology support to all three campuses, UW medical centers, and global research operations.
Academic Experience Design & Delivery (AXDD), within UW-IT, advances teaching, learning, research, and clinical work by investigating computing trends and identifying user needs in order to implement and support the latest technology solutions for communication and collaboration, instruction, productivity, and risk management.
UW-IT has an outstanding opportunity for a Productivity Platforms Administrator.
The Productivity Platforms Administrator (PPA) will work as part of a team to support a wide range of productivity platforms and applications from multiple vendors. The primary platforms are Microsoft Office 365, Google G Suite for Education, Windows Servers, Exchange, and SharePoint.
The administrative duties involve automating, maintaining, upgrading, enhancing, documenting, monitoring, and providing Tier 3 support. The PPA will investigate, escalate, and resolve desktop support problems stemming from the interplay of Microsoft and Google cloud applications, a variety of web browsers, and related desktop applications.
The PPA contributes to cutting-edge enterprise technology projects, coordinating and working with UW-IT colleagues and campus partners on projects involving Microsoft and Google technologies. In collaboration with colleagues in AXDD, these cloud applications are integrated with AXDD services like the Canvas Learning Management System or the MyUW portal. Finally, the PPA informs members of the UW community, other higher education institutions, and vendors about Microsoft and Google technologies.
Once the new platforms are in place, the PPA must then provide Tier 3 support and guidance for technologists across the UW who are responsible for implementing the new platforms in their colleges, schools, departments, clinics or labs. To do this effectively, the PPA must have or be willing to develop deep knowledge of a number of technologies including Windows Server, IIS, .NET, PowerShell, SharePoint, Exchange, EOP, Skype for Business/Teams, Office 365, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, SMTP, DNS, TCP/IP, Microsoft Active Directory, Power BI, and SQL.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Informatics or related field.
* Minimum of 4 years' experience managing Microsoft Exchange 2013 and above, including activities such as resource configuration, mailbox configuration, Outlook/OWA troubleshooting, email routing troubleshooting.
* Experience with Microsoft IIS, including activities such using applications, logging, authentication, deployment and certificate configuration, and troubleshooting.
* Experience using Microsoft technologies such as PowerShell to be able to automate administrative tasks and provide solutions for lower tiers of support.
* A working knowledge of network and desktop application troubleshooting.
* Demonstrated ability independently develop expertise with new products, protocols, standards and applications and the ability to communicate impacts and procedures to customers and support staff.
* Demonstrated ability to work with customers to resolve their issues or address their needs.
* Excellent written/oral communication skills, technical documentation skills, user liaison skills, and personal interaction abilities.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
* Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and above, including but not limited to: Application, Site Collection, Site, List Library, Search, Metadata, and other SharePoint constructs; configuration and troubleshooting; configuring and troubleshooting via the various SharePoint Client Object Models.
* Experience with Office 365.
* Experience with Google G Suite.
* Experience with MS SQL.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
While the general working hours are within Monday through Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, the position has a great deal of scheduling and location flexibility to help the PPA manage non-work commitments. The PPA at times must be willing to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of colleagues and partners. Events that will occur outside the normal work schedule include, but are not limited to impromptu staff meetings, client consultations, and system modifications. This position has regular stringent deadlines revolving around the academic calendar that may require extended work hours. The position also requires 24X7 on-call support to handle urgent issues and incidents.
This position is required to report to work remotely when the UW suspends operations.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select "Apply to this position". Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your "My Jobs" page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, your experiences, perspectives and unique identities will be honored at the University of Washington. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
About University of Washington
University of Washington is an educational institution that provides undergraduate, graduate, and research programs.