Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday was founded by two visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri in 2005 with a goal to deliver Human Capital Management, Financial Management, Payroll, Time Tracking, Procurement, and Employee Expense Management applications to the world's largest organizations. Hundreds of companies, ranging from medium-sized to the Fortune 50, are gaining business value from Workday today.
Workday is not your average company and we pride ourselves on everything that makes us unique such as our culture, core values, company meetings, commitment to sustainability, recognition programs but most importantly our people. Workday employees are self-disciplined, hardworking, curious, trustworthy, humble, and truthful.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. We run our company with that principle in mind every day and have one of our core values be fun.
About the Organization
Workday's Infrastructure Team supports an ever-growing Private and Public Cloud environment that consists of over 20,000 servers, more than 2,500 networking devices, in 6 global data centers upon which the Workday application runs. The team is composed of highly skilled Data Center Engineers, System Engineers, Software Development Engineers, and Network Engineers spanning multiple geographies from Pleasanton, CA and Dublin, Ireland to Auckland, New Zealand. Our mission is to focus 100% on Production Operations by helping the business deliver new products and features, supporting the growing customer base, and maintaining operational excellence across all facets of the data center and our cloud environments.
About the Team and Role
The Security Identity and Access Management team is looking for talented individuals to take our authentication and authorization to new heights. Workday infrastructure supports and promotes a variety of authentication standards controlled by various security models that require high flexibility and enablement of different access levels for different users within the system. As part of a rapidly growing team, you will have responsibility for developing and improving tools/systems that will automate the deployment and management of identities and role-based access controls in our global production data centers along with our cloud deployments (private and public). The role will involve ample collaboration with other teams in Operations, Security, Environments, Compliance, Privacy, and Development to design and operationalize a robust solution.
* Highly-involved collaboration on the design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of identity and access control for production infrastructure.
* Develop automation code to deploy and maintain identity and role control systems.
* Work closely with other development and operations team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into these automated identity solutions.
* Work with a variety of typical Infrastructure services (LDAP, DNS, etc.) through the usage of APIs as part of solutions into an automated identity deployment system.
* A methodical and conscientious understanding of risks and security implications that entails thinking outside of the box.
* 5+ years of development experience with OO design and programming
* Authentication and Authorization experience with some of the following: LDAP, SSO, Delegated Authentication, Account Provisioning, PCI Security Standards, x509, SAML, OAuth, WS-Security, Configurable Data Security, Identity and Access Management (IAM), SAML, etc.
* Experience with SaaS security infrastructure
* Familiarity with standard development tools and processes: source control, IDE, JUnit test, debugging, profiling, JIRA, TeamCity, Crucible, etc.
* Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy and fun work environment that is agile (i.e. Scrum) and deliver value incrementally and frequently
* Experience working with REST-based APIs
* Experience working with complex, high transaction, high availability environments
* 5+ years experience in designing, building and managing large scale Linux/Unix-based systems
* Solid 'hands-on' background in deploying and managing enterprise solutions in AWS with experience in developing tools to automate systems deployment and management tasks
* Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written and desire for documentation of technical and business content
* The desire to quickly ramp up in proprietary tools and platforms
* Experience with large-scale, distributed systems
* Comprehensive experience with AWS including a solid understanding of CI and CD, Amazon S3, RDS, EC2, IAM, Cloudformation and Route 53
* Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP, and SSH
* Proficiency in at least one of the following: shell scripting, Java, Perl, Python or Ruby is highly desirable
* Experience in supporting virtualized production environment like VMWare, OpenStack, AWS, Containers, etc.
* Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern software configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, etc) is desirable
* Experience with software security and secure design patterns
* Strong practical knowledge of authentication/authorization standards desirable
If you fit the above, have a passion for security, automation, next-generation identity solutions, and want to work with a company ranked #7 in the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For then we would love to hear from you.!
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.