Microsoft is a leader in design of world-class devices and silicon. Come join our dynamic and collaborative silicon team. We are looking for an architect to join a team of experienced hardware security architects to help grow this discipline and help make hardware devices more secure. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who will thrive in this highly technical environment, is continually intellectually curious, collaborates beyond the tasks they own, to help us design products that are shaping the future of trusted computing. A candidate that has a mindset of thinking about unusual ways in which an adversary might be able to compromise a system will be successful.
* BS/MS in Electrical, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
* 5+ years of experience
* C/C++ coding experience
* Microarchitecture experience
* RTL experience including owning a design module
* Understanding of security mechanisms including confidentiality, integrity, and authentication
* Familiarity of cryptography and security standards
* Track record of team technical leadership & individual technical contribution on challenging projects
* Excellent communication skills
* Ownership and task completion through multiple phases of ASIC project architecture, design implementation, and verification and validation tasks
* Knowledgeable about processor HW security features
* Familiar with cryptography side-channel attacks and countermeasures
* Manager experience is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Your job responsibility will be to continually advance the security of a wide spectrum of devices including IoT, consumer electronics, PCs and more, empowering people and devices to be ever more productive and trusted.
* Specify HW security modules at a low enough level to address security issues
* Evaluate systems of components to ensure security goals are maintained
* Prototype and evaluate algorithms and architecture using C/C++ based architectural models
* Work with other architects, designers, and verification teams to contribute, review, and provide feedback to relevant specifications and designs
* Document assumptions with technical clarity and communicate results
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.