Hardware Exploitation Engineer (Mid-Level)
Req #: 207511
Location: Bethesda, MD US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
CACI is seeking a Hardware Exploitation Engineer (Mid-Level) to pursue a career supporting CACI's growing Intelligence Services market. Supported by our newly developed job framework, CACI provides clearly defined career paths for employees to grow and progress within our company.
Specific duties include:
* Perform technical exploitation and examination of High Priority Digital Media to include:
* Conduct reverse engineering, failure investigation, and vulnerability investigation of hardware to identify exploitation opportunities
* Adjust hardware to either enable forensic analysis of the media or to alter the functionality of the hardware for other purposes
* Conduct inspection, imaging, de-capsulation, de-processing, and other activities related to hardware reverse engineering and exploitation
* Establish and maintain frameworks, processes, design patterns, techniques, tools, and standards for conducting hardware exploitation of digital media
* Perform Full-Scope forensic examinations from the hardware aspect of media
* Provided a target communications device, use reverse engineering tools and procedures to determine vulnerabilities of the device for technical exploitation uses
* Identify how it boots/initializes and obtain a binary that can be used for reverse engineering
* Analyze the function that responds to network connection requests, understand internal communications mechanisms, describing the general structure of the system software, and establish how system state is altered/saved
* Lead teams and take part in the analysis of embedded platform firmware and operating systems to discern security vulnerabilities associated with various platform communication links.
* Establish and conduct test plans to ensure all requirements of provided capabilities are fully satisfied
* Applying knowledge gained using reverse engineering and other research techniques, design and develop low level C and assembly applications for embedded ARM platforms that interface directly with platform hardware.
* Deliver data recovery processes for hard drives, thumb drives and other types of media with storage capacity
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least five (5) years of related experience. Preferred: Master of Science or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least two (2) years of related experience.
* Assembly language and C/C++ programming experience. Solid understanding of programming languages and operating system concepts
* Background requiring skills in reverse engineering of embedded systems with proprietary operating systems for the express purpose of adding functionally to an already existing fielded system
* Background researching a hardware platform to discern the software and hardware interaction of embedded systems
* Background requiring knowledge of C and Assembler software development for embedded platforms that run commercial and/or custom operating systems
* Working expertise of embedded system design, communication with peripheral devices at the hardware level and reverse engineering of system software
* Working background with scripting Languages: shell, Perl, Python or the like.
* Working background with Microprocessors/Architectures: ARM, MIPS, RISC, PowerPC, XScale, StrongARM, and x86. Familiar with microprocessor instruction sets is desired
* Expertise with Operating Systems: VxWorks, Integrity, Embedded Linux, JunOS, Linux, Unix, Windows Embedded. Experience with RTOS desired.
* Expertise with IDEs: Tornado, Workbench, VxSim, MULTI, TimeMachine, TraceEdge
* Expertise in Hardware Tools and Debuggers: Green Hills Probe, SuperTrace Probe, Slingshot, spectrum analyzer, logic analyzer, JTAG, Agilent Technologies equipment.
* Working background in Software Tools and Debuggers: Wireshark, IDA Pro, OllyDbg, pcap, gdb, make, hex editor.
* Active TS/SCI clearance with CI polygraph.
* Preferred: Master of Science or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least two (2) years of related experience.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.