Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Global Identity Access Management - Agile Business Analyst
Req #: 190036019
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Cybersecurity Technology Controls (CTC) delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase's Controls, Access Management and IT Risk agendas, with a focus on stability, delivery, efficiencies and people. The goal of CTC is to drive standardization, consistency and simplicity in a JPMorgan Chase architecture that fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across the entire enterprise. The disciplines within this organization are Oversight & Controls Technology, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, and Third Party Risk Management.
The Global Identity and Access Management (GIAM) organization within CTC provides access control governance and Identity Services for all lines of business (LOBs) globally, providing the right access to the right people at the right time for all technology platforms and applications supported by CTC, and provides a comprehensive set of applications, tools, and staff to globally implement, monitor and manage technology risk solutions.
The Identify Governance and Administration team (IGA) within GIAM delivers solutions to manage the lifecycle management of the access security configuration (Identity & Account Management). The primary focus being on standardization of the ecosystem used for managing identity and access request, provisioning, certification, and reconciliation.
As a Senior Agile Business Analyst on the IGA Product team you will engage with stakeholders across business, product, program, technology controls, architecture and product delivery teams to serve as a liaison between scrum teams and business end-users to ensure we are delivering the right solutions at the right time. You will be responsible to work with the business and control teams to identify business requirements, prioritize the book of work, work with technology teams to define technical solutions and ensure agile processes and practices are followed, coordinate feature releases, and ensure product documentation is current and accurate. This will require an understanding of requirements, operating models, business flows and data and then partnering with technical specialists to deliver appropriate solutions. There is an implicit ownership and accountability for the solution working as intended.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented hands-on leader who can handle many different roles such as:
* User Centric Design
* Partnering with key stakeholders to identify the solutions that meet their needs
* Defining user stories and acceptance criteria
* Maintaining product backlog
* Advising stakeholders on options, risks, and aligning of priorities
* Obtaining stakeholder signoff
* Collaborate cross functionality with infrastructure, support, and other software engineering teams
* Creating user help for end users and internal support teams
* Performing card (user story) sign-off
* Providing direction for testing of new functionality
* Facilitating implementation of new functionality through training and demonstrations
* Collaborating with business users and technology partners at all levels
* Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
* 5+ years of technical Business Analysis experience within a SDLC; Agile team experience preferred
* Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions and ability to present recommended solutions to all levels of the organization
* Experience in Identity & Access Management and/or Technology Risk Management strongly preferred
* Results oriented; ready to challenge the status quo for continuous improvement.
* Ability to develop and articulate well thought out business case and its financial / bottom line impacts
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
* High level of energy and can work under pressure with minimal supervision
* Strategic thinker; makes appropriate business decisions and gains cooperation of others.
* Experience producing product artifacts, including use cases, product requirements, user journeys, high-level wire frames, etc
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity and Technology Controls (CTC) organization. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you'll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.