At Cognizant, we believe those who challenge the way they work today will lead the way tomorrow. In the modern digital economy, our clients are looking to differentiate their businesses and seize the enormous growth opportunities that digital makes possible. At Cognizant we help them do just this. We engage clients in envisioning and building creative products and experiences, delivered through a powerful digital-ready IT backbone. And we're hiring for various roles. If you are passionate and driven about being involved in shaping next generation digital solutions, give us a shout.
We pair, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice and guide an approach to architecture that is applicable across industries and organizations, so you'll experience all types of teams, industries and products.
* Responsible and accountable for doing requirement gathering and creation of high level and detailed technical design
* Developing data ingestion framework for different sources
* Participate in the architectural discussions, perform system analysis which involves a review of the existing systems and operating methodologies. Participate in the analysis of newest technologies and suggest the optimal solutions which will be best suited for satisfying the current requirements and will simplify the future modifications
* Design appropriate data models for the use in transactional and big data environments as an input into Machine Learning processing.
* Design and Build the necessary infrastructure for optimal ETL from a variety of data sources to be used on GCP services
* Develop data and semantic interoperability specifications
* Collaborate with the business to scope requirements
* Collaborate with several external vendors to support data acquisition
* Analyse existing systems to identify appropriate data sources
* Identify, Implement and continuously enhance the data automation process
* Support continuous improvement in DevOps Automation
* Provide design expertise with Master Data Management, Data Quality and Meta Data Management.
* Strong Python Development Experience is mandatory
* 2 + years of Data Engineering experience working with both distributed architectures, ETL, EDW and Big Data technologies
* Demonstrable knowledge & Experience using Google Cloud Big Query is mandatory
* Experience with DataProc & DataFlows with Java on Google Cloud Platform is highly desired
* Experience with serverless data warehousing concepts on Google Cloud is highly desired
* Experience with DWBI modelling framework is highly regarded
* Extensive experience working with SQL across a variety of databases
* Experience working with both structured and unstructured data sources using cloud analytics (Cloudera , Hadoopo etc.)
* Experience with Data Mapping and Modelling
* Experience with Data Analytics tools
* Experience with Google Cloud Services such as Streaming + Batch, Cloud Storage, Cloud Dataflow, Data Proc , DFunc, Big Query & Big Table
* knowledge and proven use of contemporary data mining, cloud computing and data management tools including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, AWS Cloud, Google Cloud, hadoop, HDFS, mapr and spark.
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to craft meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US please send an email with your request to CareersNorthAmerica@cognizant.com
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.