* Understand resource plan. * Plan for knowledge enrichment, change management and quality management. * Conduct estimation of time utilization of different resources and activities. * Identify appropriate processes based on project landscape. * Identify gaps and advise on improvements if required. * Share inputs in creation of project plan with Project Manager. * Review hardware/software requirement plan. * Validate system build. * Understand the test strategy, evaluate the design and identify gaps in the test plans, if any. * Define KT plan. * Customize project management system. * Define standards and set Cognizant 20. * Provide all support required during presales activities.
Requirement Gathering and Analysis:
* Understand the requirements from clients/ functional consultants. * Participate in client calls and seek clarifications. * Create a requirements traceability matrix. * Provide inputs during creation of operational concepts and scenarios. * Perform requirements feasibility with regards to testing and implementation. * Analyze NFRs.
* Understand various functional and non functional requirements. * Break down the requirements into smaller modules. * Provide inputs for categorizing critical and noncritical requirements. * Provide inputs in designing end to end solution from a technical perspective. * Review and approve system architecture design.
* Analyze allocated task and understand BRD, low level and high level design. * Allocate modules to developers for coding. * Provide guidance to developers and set standards. * Review pseudo codes written by developers and provide a go ahead for code development. * Prepare for incremental code creation and unit testing. * Oversee development process and update Project Manager on development progress. * Review final codes written by developers on adherence to standards/functionality and approve for testing. * Prepare weekly/monthly reports on the project and share with client/Project Manager. * Ensure all system builds are prepared on time.
* Review test cases written by team Provide support for development of integration test cases as required. * Include positive and negative test cases to check functionality. * Check if peer review is completed at each step of test execution. * Review, analyze and validate results. * Follow up with team assigned for rework on code defects and close the same. * Attend QA audits as and when required. * Monitor system builds.
Project Closure Activities:
* Create strategy for roll back. * Conduct dry run on pilots. * Monitor the processes are being followed. * Document changes in the system. * Resolve issues that arise during project deployment/ closure. * Check that all action items mentioned in the deployment checklist have been completed. * Post final acceptance, conduct all closure schedules. * Provide support in creation of a final project report. * Conduct handover to AVM team. * Monitor all system/security administration activities and ensure all audit requirements are met.
Service Support & Maintenance:
* Review incident/problem/change management plan created by team. * Track issue/problem resolution. * Conduct RCA. * Define communication and issue resolution matrix. * Drive and implement best practices for resolution of issues. * Liaise with business users/SMEs to resolve issues if required. * Review patch fixes created to prevent recurrence of complex problems. * Track adherence to SLAs. * Guide team members in the course of incident/ problem management. * Conduct change impact assessment. * Collate change records. * Share change records with relevant stakeholders.
* Create and update knowledge articles in the knowledge management repository. * Provide guidance to team members to maintain all documentation related to project. * Conduct KT sessions. * Create knowledge articles on the problem, workaround solutions. * Monitor and report the usage of knowledge articles. * Maintain knowledge management database.
* Provide assistance in selection of representative employee groups for training. * Conduct training. * Mentor team members in project teams with respect to product and domain skills on projects. * Conduct technical, face to face interviews with candidates and support recruitment process. * Set goals for team members and monitor performance. * Coordinate with the project/program manager in understanding how the employee can better contribute to the project, seek feedback and address concerns. * Conduct performance appraisal for team members. * Organize team initiatives on a periodic basis.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.