What you'll be doing...
As a member of the 5G Labs team, you'll be focused on building proofs-of-concept that accelerate Verizon's 5G Ecosystem. Verizon is leading the industry in developing capabilities with 5G that will unlock new opportunities and experiences for consumers and enterprises. In this role, you'll be stitching together the latest in enterprise and consumer technology to feed insights back to the business and bring the technology to life for Verizon's customers.
Activities will include:
* Understanding 5G and technologies that benefit from it in order to make recommendations and stitch these technologies together for proof-of-concept builds.
* Assess concepts for feasibility from a technical perspective.
* Work with product managers, creative storytellers, and designers to build impactful, easy-to-understand prototypes.
* Participate in internal concepting and ideation sessions and bring an engineering perspective to the discussion.
* Apply design thinking to problem solving.
* Develop the underlying infrastructure for the team to support faster development of future proof-of-concepts.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* An ability to marry code quality and business need for the 'right' level of elegance for a given piece of code.
* A desire to work with people and not just machines.
* A "flow"-like level productivity / getting in the zone when coding.
* A desire to grow your familiarity with a breadth of new technologies and apply them, whether that is a new coding language, getting into machine learning or computer vision for the first time, or testing out the API for a new startup's pre-release hardware.
* Experience with across a broad range of platforms (software + hardware).
* Experience with Cocoa, Android SDK, and/or React Native.
* Experience writing tests that prevent regressions + stable and well documented git flow / process.
* Experience with the basics of DevOps to support setting up environments and creating consistency and security via Docker, AWS, and other tools.
* Experience in any of the following: AI/ML, Computer Vision, Unity, Unreal, Maya.
* Experience working closely with a product manager or product team.
* A hunger to change the world for the better through technology.
* Passion for what's next.
* Maintaining and blending pragmatism about what's possible with where we can stretch ourselves to go further.
* Willing to work to change status quo when you think improvements are available.
* Willing to work within established protocols while you go about changing them in order to maintain consistency in application development.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.