As a Front-End Web Developer you will have an opportunity to develop interactive web pages, assist in the build out of Toast's new Blog, work on an e-commerce platform, and help optimize the highest converting web pages on the Marketing website. The idea candidate will have experience building interactive web pages, have experience developing websites on a PHP-based CMS, and have experience working with other teams within marketing to deliver on cross-team marketing goals.
While it is critically important to understand the "how" as a front-end developer on the marketing web team, it is equally important to understand the "why" behind the projects you will be working on. You're a perfect fit for this role if you are a detail-oriented problem solver, who can work and contribute to the marketing team not only as a developer, but as a resource to help provide feedback and insights into how we can help deliver on company wide goals.
What you will do:
* Develop, test, and deliver clean, production-ready code
* Ensure technical feasibility of UX/UI designs
* Build abstract modules/widgets for cross site implementation
* Build and maintain a clean and lightweight code repository for all production code
* Be a confident developer, excited by learning new technologies
* Collaborate with project managers, web team members, and other Toast stakeholders as required
* Be able to effectively communicate ideas and goals to non-technical stakeholders for any given project
Do you have the right ingredients?
* 3 - 6 years experience in front-end web development
* Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
* Strong familiarity with Craft CMS or another PHP-based CMS
* Strong understanding of web application security principles and best practices
* Strong knowledge of git, and an understanding of code repository best practices
* MySQL experience, with proven ability to write SQL queries
* Proven understanding of task runners/pre-processors such as grunt, gulp, or web
Toast is a provider of an all-in-one point-of-sale and restaurant management platform for foodservice businesses.