Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit: Innovations
Business Unit Overview
Blackstone Innovations (BXi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
Job Title: Technology Analyst
As a member of the Innovations team at Blackstone, you will work with a group of talented individuals and fund accountants in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment to support finance technology solutions for Blackstone. You will be expected to provide support for many financial applications that assist in valuation cycles, quarterly close, cash reconciliation, ledger accounting and investor reporting.
* Become familiar with the underlying businesses and understand specific software applications to effectively diagnose and resolve user issues
* Collaborate with the entire team to find acceptable solutions to problems including crafting communications to users
* Work with support/product team to raise product bug fixes or enhancement requests
* Maintain support ticket status within SLA guidelines
* Identify tickets that will require more analysis and documentation
* Create support documentation that will be used to train other analysts in addition to the end users
* Understand all outstanding bugs and enhancements within the system you are supporting
* Link support tickets to specific bugs and enhancements, to highlight critical bugs and enhancements for prioritization
* Working knowledge and experience with Investran 7
* Report Wizard (creation/debugging)
* Accounting & Team Security
* Running and researching problems with Active Templates/Business Events
* Working with and debugging problems with user TULTs & DIUs
* Major in Finance/Accounting, Computer Science or other applicable technical degree
* Experience with troubleshooting software issues
* Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with personnel at all levels
* The passion to learn and grow
* Experience with Microsoft Excel is required
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects; ability to work with little direction
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.
About Blackstone Group
Blackstone Group operates as multinational private equity, alternative asset management and financial services firm.