Ernst & Young
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ("FSO") that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
We help our clients transform. Together we are changing the way they interact with their Customers, Employees and Partners alike. We are modernizing their applications, creating new ones and driving business efficiency across their ever-changing platform and channel infrastructures. Everything we do centers around this simple story.
EY's FSO-Technology practice is hiring talented data engineers with a passion for designing and implementing leading edge data architectures. Our clients in banking and capital markets, wealth and asset management, and insurance are increasingly turning to cloud-native services. Our clients also are owners and stewards of significant amounts of data and want to use AI/ML insights to realize new business capabilities, reduce costs, and better serve their customers. If you want to bring transformative, cloud-enabled solutions to market by leveraging deep learning and other AI methods, consider joining our team of entrepreneurial and collaborative professionals.
In FSO-T, our work goes end-to-end, and therefore we value systems thinkers. We believe industry has a real challenge when it comes to keeping up with the infuriating pace of change and innovation. In FSO-T we are carrying out the important work that enables our clients to differentiate how they go about delivering technology and helping them with actual execution.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a data engineer you will collaborate with a spectrum of EY professionals to deliver solutions utilizing leading big data platforms and cloud technologies (e.g., Azure, Databricks, GCP, Cloudera, etc.). In any normal day, you'll be expected to:
* Understand business and technical requirements
* Assess the merits of different technology solutions (e.g., cloud native vs. cloud agnostic) to make recommendations
* Study and transform data science prototypes into production-ready systems with large volume data requirements
* Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
* Design and implement solutions for data aggregation, improve data foundational procedures, integrate new data management technologies and software into the existing system and build data collection pipelines
* Conduct data discovery activities, performing root cause analysis, and make recommendations for the remediation of data quality issues
* Run (already existing) machine learning tests and experiments, retraining models when necessary
* Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
* Perform root cause analysis on data processes and pipelines to answer specific business questions, solve issues, and identify opportunities for improvement
* Make AI/ML insights available to the business and IT through data provisioning and channel integration
* Keep abreast of developments in the field; review solutions to ensure they are consistent with best practices in AI/ML architecture and engineering
* Be a team player using an agile delivery methodology while consistently delivering quality client services
Skills and attributes for success
* Strong skills in cloud, data pipelining, data modeling and productionizing AI/ML models.
* Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
* Ability to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; writing, publishing and conference-level presentation skills a plus
To qualify for the role you must have
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master's degree a plus
* A minimum of 5 years' experience with at least 3+ years in hands-on development
* Proven experience as an AI/ML and cloud data engineer, architect or similar role over with minimum of 1 completed projects.
* Sound working knowledge of:
* Java, Python, and/or Scala
* Kafka (or similar), NiFi, Hadoop, and Spark
* Big data querying tools such as Pig or Hive or Impala
* NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, and Neo4
* Data ingestion, data cleaning, ETL, traditional warehousing and data marts, and data & insights provisioning
* Hands on experience with GCP, AWS, or Azure.
* Understanding of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture
* Familiar with at least one Machine Learning library/framework (scikit-learn, Mahoot, MLib, H2o, etc.).
Ideally, you'll also have
* GCP, AWS, or Azure Certifications
* Proficiency in a deep learning framework is plus (Tensorflow, Keras, Theano, MXNet, etc.)
* Knowledge of data science methods and statistics a plus
What we look for
We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus we offer
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.