EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ("FSO") that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
There is approximately US$120 trillion of client assets managed by global wealth managers, and 4 out of 10 clients are open to switching wealth managers under the right circumstances. This represents a US$175 billion to US$200 billion global revenue opportunity for those firms willing to make strategic investments to deliver a superior client experience, while others may find themselves at risk of losing a substantial portion of their current business. Asset Managers are seeing similar pressures to create fee transparency and create new programs to address the regulatory environment.
You'll help our clients enhance the front office and financial advisor experience in the Wealth business and advise Asset Managers as they explore opportunities in Blockchain technology, Software Robotics as well as traditional system implementation and integration.
Your Key Responsibilities
Partner with project teams through all phases of the technology enablement life cycle. Lend specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project, helping to give specificity to the appropriate architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements.
Advise clients on a variety of business process issues that help identify, assess, manage and measure the organization's capabilities. Use business process, organizational and technology capabilities and knowledge across several of the following focus areas:
* Asset Management
* Wealth Management
* Mutual Funds
* Investment Advisors
* Private Banking
* Hedge Funds
* Prime Brokerage
Team with client technology professionals, and/or third-party strategic alliances to provide implementation of technology solution.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
* A bachelor's degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience
* A degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field; MBA or MS degree preferred
* A minimum of 1-2 years of experience working at a financial services company or comparable experience working as an advisor to a financial services company
* Experience working in a Hedge Fund, Asset Management company or as a Management Consultant in one of these companies
* Demonstrated ability to partner with a team of technology advisors through all phases of the technology life cycle, including requirements definition, architecture, design, development, implementation, conversion and testing
* Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
* Ability and comfort level researching client inquiries and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices, and new technologies
* Strong knowledge of and experience in supervising and executing all phases of the technology life cycle, based on proven project management and testing methodologies
* It is essential that the successful candidate possess a deep knowledge of technical architecture design and have a good understanding of technology tools and components to reasonably argue for and against all components (middleware, database, reporting tools, etc.) in financial systems architecture
* Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-70%
Ideally, you'll also have
Experience in the following areas:
* Definition of business and technical requirements
* Design of business and technology architecture
* System design
* System selection and implementation support
* Data mapping and conversion
* Proof of concept
* Quality assurance and testing
* Business and IT process reengineering
* Program/project management and implementation planning (PMO)
Previous Project experiences in:
* Management reporting enhancement
* Enterprise application integration
* Custom development
* Package Implementation
* Reconciliation redesign or improvement
Previous Application/Package experience in any of the following:
* BlackRock Aladdin
* Blue Prism
* Charles River
* SEI Wealth Platform
* SimCorp Dimension
What we look for
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you're serious about advising the leading Wealth and Asset Managers in the market and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
* A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
* Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
* An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.