Business Unit Description
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world's largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
AARP Foundation is AARP's 501 c3 charitable affiliate. We are a public charity with revenue from federal agencies, corporations, foundations and individuals. AARP Foundation's vision is a country free of poverty where no older person feels vulnerable. Staff are located in Washington DC and throughout the US.
Every year, AARP Foundation helps millions of struggling older adults 50 and over win back opportunity by being a force for change on the most serious issues they face each day. Through the Foundation's many groundbreaking and innovative programs and services, we create and advance effective solutions to meet their basic needs for nutritious food, safe and affordable housing, adequate income and much-needed personal connections.
The Field Service Associate (FSA) will provide project coordination, help desk support to volunteers on operation systems; enhance Tax-Aide's e-learning course offerings for operation systems, and training materials development. Additionally, this role will work closely with Tax-Aide Operations team to coordinate and provide business support to determine business opportunities for increase efficiencies for the program.
* Coordinate the development of e-learning courses to be included in the Volunteer Portal, which will include collaborating with various Tax-Aide team members, volunteers and vendors.
* Actively work on the instructional design and course development for systems related e-learning courses associated with the National Operations Committee.
* Ensure the development of associated statement of work for all aspects of the e-learning courses.
Help Desk Support
* Triage support tickets to the appropriate groups within the programs; review and process tax site data requests, and system support tickets.
* Coordinate with ticket system vendor (Zendesk) to ensure Tax-Aide ticketing system continues to meet the needs of the program, which includes understanding and incorporating new functionalities and reporting capabilities.
* Ensure the development of updated scope of work to capture core work, user levels, and enhancements.
Operational Training Materials
* Working closely with volunteer leaders create, revise, and maintain the process procedures training materials for the Volunteer Portal.
* Responsible for the organization of the materials for systems training section of the Tax-Aide Resource Library located in the Volunteer Portal ensuring that materials are relevant and updated annually.
* Support the development and rollout of training materials for national meetings including State Leadership Training, and Regional Meetings
* Actively participate in user testing meetings connected to operation systems to ensure an enhance experience and adoption of new functionalities.
* Support Volunteer Portal activities at a delegate or system admin level.
* Actively participate in Foundation All staff meetings and AARP Enterprise wide required meetings.
* Attend regular one on one meetings with supervisor.
* Actively and consistently participate in Tax-Aide's Operations Team, National Operations Committee associated meetings, and Tax-Aide All team meetings
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
* At least 2 years of proven work experience supporting help desk, contact center and development of training materials.
* Exhibit a heightened sense of accountability to internal and external stakeholders and for outcomes created.
* Preference to take responsibility, coordinate multiple projects at once, and deliver professional work-product promptly and on deadline.
* Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office and have some knowledge of: Smartsheet, LogMein Rescue Technician Console, Brainshark, Salesforce, and JIRA software tools.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, written and verbal communication and problem solving skills.
* Ability and willingness to travel.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) is an interest group that focuses on how the elderly can continue to live well after retirement.