Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Performs testing, repair and maintenance activities on equipment at field sites. Operates and maintains digital and analog electronic devices and troubleshoots assemblies to the component level. Installs, assembles and modifies electrical prototypes to correct functional deviations under direction of Electrical Engineers. This position typically works under close supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Sets up, installs and initiates operation of equipment at a field installation.
* Adjusts, aligns and modifies circuitry and components to analyze, interpret and record effects on unit performance.
* Identifies and analyzes malfunctions in operational equipment.
* Performs testing, troubleshooting and repair activities for continued operation and maintained equipment.
* Utilizes a variety of electronic measuring devices, test equipment, functional block diagram down to sub system level, schematics, wiring diagrams and maintenance manuals to rework and repair in order to maintain equipment.
* Maintains records and logs of all maintenance activities in accordance contractual requirements.
* Consults with company engineering personnel to determine solutions to unusual problems in system operation and maintenance.
* Initiates modification or replacement of equipment, which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
* May provide instruction to other engineers in testing, repair and maintenance activities to obtain optimum operating performance.
* Interfaces with customer agency in a professional manner.
* Performs site surveys for change notices and supervise installation of equipment at a field site.
* Manages long term projects involving coordination with subcontractors and agency customer.
* Performs other duties as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Two year college degree, or equivalent, in electronics, computer science, information systems and/or related technical school, plus a minimum of six years related experience. Ability to comply with Company standard practice as it applies to field. Detail-oriented, ability to communicate effectively and perform routine installation and maintenance campaigns. Ability to adapt to remote field sites. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to interface with all levels of personnel. Ability to lift 50 pounds. Ability to walk, stand and sit for extended periods, and to climb stairs. Ability to work in hectic and noisy environments.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
About Cubic Corporation
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.