Natus Medical Inc. is looking for a Field Service Specialist to join our regional team in Northern New Jersey. Founded in 1989, Natus Medical Incorporated is a leading manufacturer of medical devices and software and a service provider for the Newborn Care, Neurology, Sleep, Hearing and Balance markets. Natus products are used in hospitals, clinics and laboratories worldwide. Our mission is to improve outcomes and patient care in target markets through innovative screening, diagnostic and treatment solution
The Field Service Specialist is responsible for installations, maintaining, consulting, training and servicing the Natus' XLTEK/NICOLET product line of Neurodiagnostic Devices and Software. Position requires significant travel and ability to work efficiently and independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Plan, manage and perform small to large neurology installations as assigned. Ensure all installations are managed in a professional and workmanlike manner in accordance with the Company standards and directives and customer requirements.
* Perform preventative/routine maintenance or field dispatch service on installed equipment in a professional and workmanlike manner. Will be required to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair PC, network and proprietary hardware and software issues. Advise management when response time objectives cannot be met. Retains ownership of all problems until resolution.
* Responsible for diagnosing and analyzing causes of product failures, reporting findings and making recommendations for improvement by providing feedback to Engineering, Operations and other cross functional teams.
* Stay up-to-date and follow all Quality System procedures related to this job, which can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers.
* If assigned customer site management, keep management and sales staff aware of all developments at the site. Keep customers fully satisfied by keeping them informed as to your activities when on site and/or working on their behalf on site.
* Perform customer training as part of an installation or at a scheduled customer training classes at the customer site or Natus offices as requested.
* Attend technical and general skills development training courses as directed and keep abreast of developments/technical product information. Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning by upgrading knowledge and skills through internal and external learning.
* Accurately complete all data entry activities including expense reports, and enter into corporate systems as defined by procedures. Ensure all required paperwork and customer signatures are attached. All entry will be done within timelines set by Company.
* Have direct interaction with customers to build relationships, establish communications and promote Natus.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
* College Diploma or University Degree or equivalent work experience in related area such as IT or medicine/biology
* Must hold a valid driver's license and have a driving record with less than three moving violations and no major violations in the previous three years.
* 5 years of relevant field service experience performing installations, training, and troubleshooting. Medical Device experience preferred
* Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), MCSE or A+ is a plus
* SQL Server administration, Database administration is a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
* Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (Win XP, Win7)
* Microsoft Server Operating Systems, active directory, group policies
* IT tools for imaging and asset management, Enterprise Anti-Virus
* Network infrastructure and planning
* Familiarity with Citrix Server
* Ability to Travel extensively
It is the policy of Natus to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Natus will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
About Natus Medical
Natus is a leading provider of healthcare products used for the screening, detection, treatment, monitoring and tracking of common medical ailments in newborn care, hearing impairment, neurological dysfunction, epilepsy, sleep disorders, and balance and mobility disorders.