Natus Medical Incorporated
Founded in 1989, Natus Medical Incorporated is a leading manufacturer of medical devices and software and a service provider for the Newborn Care, Neurology, Sleep, Hearing and Balance markets. Natus products are used in hospitals, clinics and laboratories worldwide. Our mission is to improve outcomes and patient care in target markets through innovative screening, diagnostic and treatment solutions.
The Test Engineering Manager will lead the team responsible for creating and executing testing strategy. The right candidate will possess a strong background in medical device integration and verification and can think through complex system testing and has shown a track record of delivering high quality medical devices to the market. This position may be based out of Middleton, WI or Schaumburg, IL.
In this position you will:
* Ensure that all direct reports are familiar with, trained on and follow all Quality System procedures related to their jobs which can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers and that changes to procedures are reviewed, approved and validated prior to implementation.
* Build and leads a global test team that delivers world-class products
* Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
* Communicate and collaborate effectively with hardware and software engineering teams to define product requirements and test approach
* Work on strategy and help set direction with Test Architect while staying on top of the day-to-day product development deliverables
* Manage system integration activities to minimize issues in system verification and validation testing
* Interact with design team to resolve tests-related technical issues
* Teach and coach team members to complete projects and meet high quality standards,
* Communicate with all stakeholders for a program or organization to assist in managing testing scope, deliverables, issues and risks
* Identify and recommend improvements to methods and standards for a program or organization
* Proactively identify and propose improvements to our internal testing practices
* Provide hands-on support to the team in meeting program deliverables and quality goals
* Travel is anticipated in this role
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical field. Advanced degree or MBA strongly preferred
* 5-7 years' experience in test engineering functions within medical device/diagnostics industry
* Minimum 3 years leadership experience with direct management responsibilities for direct reports required.
* Experience leading a verification and test team preferred; Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing process improvements preferred including but not limited to automated testing
* Extensive experience working with global teams and offshore partners
* Preferred deep Knowledge and application of following standards in the work experience -- FDA Quality System Regulations, Design Controls, Current Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304, IEC 60601, IEC 62366
* Ability to travel to global sites
Natus offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit package that starts on your 1st day, 401k match, an employee stock purchase plan, 9 paid holidays, generous paid time off plan (4 weeks to start) and tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 annually.
Natus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
About Natus Medical Incorporated
Natus Medical is a company that provides healthcare solutions focused on the diagnosis and treatment of central nervous and sensory system disorders for patients of all ages.